Why must DC make multiple new Batman books every month?

Why must DC make multiple new Batman books every month?

Attached: 0622DC013.jpg (1559x2376, 2.67M)

Because mediocre Batman books sell better than legitimately good non-Batman books.

Because the market demands more Batman. Why do you hate capitalism, are you a filthy commie?

People buy them. Even I buy Detective Comics, but only that bat title.

This one is more of a posterbook by the looks of it.

Attached: RCO032_1662519570.jpg (2550x3263, 1.04M)

It’s a collection of Lee Bermejo’s Batman covers repurposed to tell a narrative story.

because Batman be based, bro

The sad thing is most of these are made because these creators just want to do bat books.

because unlike your favorite superhero batman isn't a c-lister, his books actually sell

Attached: seething.jpg (318x529, 74.71K)

What about artistic integrity and variety?

superman sucks simple as

Attached: 2620928-transparent_skin_superman.jpg (657x705, 107.93K)

What do you think Didio pushed the entire time he was EIC? Under him there was a variety of comics and formats but as soon as he left it all shifted back to Batman. There was a point there were literal newspapers of comics that were put out every week.

That was really more Mark Chiarello and they let him go ages ago.

Batman hasn't had a good book since 2010. And his monthly series has been bad since the end of the Snyder run. Do Batman fans have any taste?

Even under Didio’s reign people would not buy good smaller books Didio wanted to keep around for variety. For all the bitching we see, the fans all seems to just want to buy Batman when it comes time to support something.

Batman had 7 movies in 2010 and that helps with sales. every series that came after snyder sold less. despite the last batman movie being released. I think Joker carries the character.

Throw shit at the wall and see what sticks

Because they can't make anything else that sells.

>batman oversaturation

Is this the worst line-up DC's ever had? New 52 had stuff like Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, and Aquaman. A lot of variety.

New 52 was the last time dc was good.

For all its faults it had a lot to choose from. I keep forgetting to read Abnett's Resurrection Man.

>legitimately good non-Batman books.
ok name ongoing non batman comic run