Its been nearly a year since the casting announcement. spring 2023 is getting sooner and sooner...

its been nearly a year since the casting announcement. spring 2023 is getting sooner and sooner. this direct came and went. we still haven’t seen a SINGLE IMAGE of the mario movie. how badly did they fuck up this fucking movie

Attached: i1618094189754080.jpg (611x960, 87.12K)

they got scared after seeing Lightyear's flop

I hope so. They need to make the movie great to pump up their new theme park in California

I'm starting to think the movie was cancelled ages ago and they're just hoping we all forget. I mean the catsing alone sounded so made up. Literally every hot reddit actor minus Anya Taylor Joy in the most ill-fitting roles possible. Hell and I like Chris Pratt.

They delayed it to match with the opening of Nintendo World at USH, and they said earlier today that they're putting the final touches on it.
That said, I still agree with you. We should've had AT LEAST an updated poster by now or a few pictures to go off of. Either they're really dedicated to being secretive about it (thanks Miyamoto) or something's really gone wrong and it's too late to reverse course.

From the studio that shits out cancer.

Attached: Disgusting .jpg (401x264, 89.54K)

Expect a teaser by December/January and then a trailer in February/March right before it's release. It's too early to reveal anything yet

NIntendo do be like that

>If it's good we could have a long running series of movies that faithfully adapt various Nintendo games in interesting and fun ways
>If it's godawful we get to shitpost about it forever like with the live action film
It's a win win situation either way

Attached: Waddle Dee Town.jpg (691x1024, 69.01K)

I want it to be good, because everyone and their mother thinks it's going to be the biggest trashfire Hollywood has ever made, just like when we got our first look at the Sonic movie. If he can surprise audiences, Mario deserves the same turnaround. You're right, though, if it is bad, it'll be endlessly entertaining.

So it's the next Duke Nukem Forever of animation

Nah, it was just delayed once. Write it off as that if they do it again. This is just how Nintendo operates; getting them to show you what they're working on is like pulling teeth. The new Zelda sequel has been in development for 5 years, and we've barely seen a single minute of footage from it.

It's fun to shitpost about them being "scared of Sonic" or worried about the online backlash, though. Maybe this kind of bullying will make Illumination nervous and share the damn trailer a bit earlier, who knows.

THIS SUMMER

I really hope the trailer contains some kind of nod to that pasta. It has the same writers as the TTG movie, which was just one big shitpost, so it's well within the realm of possibility. I'm sure someone has shown them that post.

FAKKA YOOOOOOOUUUUUU GAIJINU PIGGU

Attached: 1596075583266.png (263x305, 159.14K)

If he really were this xenophobic, we'd have never wound up in this situation with fucking Illumination making the movie in the first place. You just know he liked their casting choices because he's just an old, out of touch Japanese businessman who is totally ignorant of contemporary American celebrity culture. All those snakes had to do was tell him these guys are Big American Money Draws that the People Will Love and he smiled and nodded while they marched his baby off to the gas chambers. If Miyamoto had the cultural context to understand what it means that Seth Rogen is Donkey Kong, he'd be fucking disgusted.

REEEEE! REEEEEEEEEE! KIRR ARR GAIJIN! REEEE!

Attached: 1645302167865.png (1447x814, 1M)

Look out, old man! That Bob-Omb is wearing a top hat!

I'm sure there will be a lot of allusions to pasta in this movie

Attached: Naamloos-2.jpg (600x600, 34.54K)

Attached: 1572900530590.png (326x356, 66.01K)

Yes I think you people forget that Miyamoto is so passive about what the west does witht his franchise. "Mario" didn't even get named by him. His critique of the 94 movie was that it wasn't different enough. He's territorial on his home turf but abroad he shrugs his shoulders.