Unsounded

The Rapesnake demands blood.

Attached: ch17_34[1].jpg (600x900, 299.87K)

VINTAGE GEFENDUR TIME

THIS IS WHY SSAEL SLEW THE GODS

>Ruck in the last panel holding his head-arms up

Based Ssael

I really, really, really want more info on the lions in Kasslyne.

Well, this page is... fascinating. The curtain is being slowly peeled back.

The lions were Gefendur?

They sacrificed babies, when they now sacrifice adults? They sacrificed multiples, rather than one? Indeed, this practice has evolved quite a bit.

>Amervailess.

This sounds to me like a disgruntled mutter on par with "pathetic", "ridiculous", "shameful", or "disgusting".

For him to say "even we efheby wept at the waste" says a ton, in particular because I never credited Ruck with caring about that at all. We just saw him slaughter a child on whim, yet even this waste moved him-- or potentially him, since it's unclear if he means Efheby in general, or counts himself among that. I suspect that because he's the one narrating it, he probably does count himself among the "we" used here.

Lastly, I sure hope all those badges on Chea's tunic don't jangle when she moves.

That smile, too

That patronizing smirk

Cope was a genius when she gave Ruck head-arms, their expressiveness is out of this world. It's like having an extra pair of eyebrows on him.

Ashley was right. Purple prose user is gonna be salty.

>The lions were Gefendur?
This was already known. They used to be something akin to a holy animal in the Geffie religion until the Ssaelit co-opted them in their religious imagery and the paladins hunted them to extinction in their infinite asshurt.

So the takeaway here is that even the lions practiced twin sacrifice right?
Guess that ties into Sette and her primal fear of Geffie shrines.

I didn't realize the lions practiced Gefendur worship, is the thing.

Ashley's mentioned it in the past, but this is the first time it's actually come up in the comic.

FUCKING YEETED

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 12.14.40 AM.png (696x336, 376.37K)

Any ideas what spoiler Ashley might have answered yes to about the story in the third print volume?
>The lions were Gefendur?
If my memory of is accurate, Kasslynian lions were intelligent animals capable of speech, and now seemingly of birthing twins. And before they became symbols of Ssael they were symbols of Gefendur faith and even helped Gefendur warriors kill the Ssaelit. It stands to reason that they may have been Gefendur themselves, yeah. Once Ssael was killed by them and the account of him killing the twins followed his followers began painting lions on their armor and treating them as a holy symbol of their own for helping to remove his mortal trappings and reach the gods. This led to Gefendur abandoning and killing the lions until no more existed.

It makes it even more interesting that Sette's part lion and has a twin that's mostly lion himself.

Attached: file.png (576x324, 386.71K)

Probably whether Baxter was Duane, since that's what the story is about and it's left a little cryptic at the end.

I see a penis!
HELP! MODS!

But isn't that open knowledge at this point? I could've sworn she's explicitly said as much, and the side story and even comic itself seem too transparent for that to be considered a spoiler. I was thinking that it might be something to do with Alderode itself, though it's been a while since I've read it.

I suspect it might be about whether we'll see one of the other characters in there again.

god i want that blue naga to fuck me senseless

Shit taste. He looks way better red.

>For him to say "even we efheby wept at the waste" says a ton, in particular because I never credited Ruck with caring about that at all.

Possible humans eating the twins wasn't originally there and just the fillicide/pedicide itself was their end of the sacrifice, which was originally for the benefit of the holy lions. The lions killed their cubs as well to show their dedication and to share the burden.

Then when the Gefendur turned on their leonine brethren, the traditional act of large scale sacrificing of twins to the holy lions was replaced with the smaller scale tradition of pre-picked twin sacrifice but with cannibalism now the entire point.

Didn't expect that the sacrifice part of the religion went back to the times when lions were still part of it. I wonder if this was demanded by one of the Senet beasts who became the Gefendur four or if the religion (or at least parts of it) originated elsewhere.

I have a pet theory that the lions were a species guided towards sentience by one of the Senet Beast gods, like how humans and likely the inak were. Humans were Ilganyag's project, while inak at one point followed her too but also worshiped Shaensigin so I associate them with her. Lions seem like something Riv would like; he is associated in Gefendur mythology with "Chaos Beasts" that are said to lurk beyond the Khert, so maybe his relationship with the lions left an influence. If we ever find out about a fourth sentient non-Senet species then it'll be Baelar's chosen project.

I love this fucking bastard so damn much

The fact that we're seeing a kid literally get yeeted across the panel does suggest they weren't going to be eaten. Who flings a corpse into the dirt if you're going to eat it?

You gotta tenderize that shit

Who is Baxter?