Any Walking Dead readers here?

Any Walking Dead readers here?
Does anyone else hate how Kirkman's only way of increasing the stakes most of the time was to go "ok but now they're about to face A REAL HUGE FUCKLOAD of zombies"?
Like after a certain point it doesn't matter if it's 500 zombies, 1000 or 5000. The medium is not really capable of showing such scale so it just feels like a repeat of the same thing over and over.

Attached: herd.png (1671x1284, 3.45M)

Bump

I have never seen a walking dead thread on this board ever

I picked up the first three compendiums a while back at Ollies and regret not getting the final volume (didn't have the money and when I did they had sold out their stock).

Are the colorized monthly reprints any good? Or is the colorization badly done?

So much for being the most popular non-cape comic, eh?

>Rick meets new group
>Fucks things up
>They move to a new place
This is every single arc in TWD

>entire comic is a euphemism about wanting to leave the world a better place for your kids
>show kills off carl and makes rick disappear

Capping off your human drama with a reminder that an inhuman horde is outside and fucking shit up is basically what ever Zombie story and movie ever does.
It's part of the genre. My issue with it is the characters are such relentless cunts. And not just antagonists like in Day of the Dead, but the protagonists, the people we're supposed to root for, to give a damn about, to want to read about again and again.
And they treat each other like shit and people tell me it's fucking brilliant and it makes me want to claw my eyes out.

I readit back in the day.
But after the third or fourth time they "found a place, place went to shit, they go back to find a place" got bored.
But yeah, you are right, the first times a horde came, it was a real danger, but eventually it was the only danger, and everybody could deal with it.

Worldbuilding didn't exist in the series, rick and the gang went to different stages for no reason.

Entire second half of the comic is about them building and defending one place without leaving

Don’t forget the “big bad who starts a war with Rick’s gang” that he repeats.

This. Kirkman’s characters come across as unlikable.

How exactly are they unlikeable?

>Does anyone else hate how Kirkman's only way of increasing the stakes most of the time was to go "ok but now they're about to face A REAL HUGE FUCKLOAD of zombies"?
Did you even read the comics? Kirkman increased the stakes with "Even more diabolical sociopaths with an even bigger organization/better skills/equipment."

After watching 99.99999% of humanity either turn into zombies or die to zombies, everyone is going to be stressed and assholish. People with even a remotely religious inclination are going to be losing their shit full-time. Anyone repressing vaguely sociopathic tendencies is gonna crack.
Being under assault by your zombie neighbors and loved ones is the optimal petri dish for human psychology to go downhill.

I know you tards think you are emotionally resilient and capable and would turn into John Wick the Zombie Hunter, but you really' wouldn't.

Attached: Acktually.png (700x700, 20.76K)

That only happened three times. Massive zombie invasions happened a bit more often.

>After watching 99.99999% of humanity either turn into zombies or die to zombies, everyone is going to be stressed and assholis
And I have absolutely no investment in observing such people.
I'm also, well aware of how badly I'd fare in a real Zombie Apocalypse (or, more realistically, Natural Disaster or total decline of civilization, Civil War, etc) scenario, thank you very much. But I see no value in reading about people who can't handle their shit. There is no value. Show me people who are capable, people who can, despite the long odds and miserable suffering be their best selves. Or at least make the fucking effort.
Otherwise, fuck off. If I wanted to the petty feuds of miserable assholes, I'd go outside.

It didnt happen that often. It happened like 3 times. The second time they killed the horde, and the last horde is visibly WAY larger.

I distinctly remember getting tired of seeing yet another double-page spread of a shit ton of zombies approaching whatever location they were in for the umpteenth time, several times. So I'm pretty sure it happened like 5-10 times.

>Show me people who are capable, people who can, despite the long odds and miserable suffering be their best selves.
But TWD is about that, too.