Snow White

Is she even a good character?

Attached: 1662471185900830.jpg (666x893, 414.92K)

No she's a brain dead bimbo like most classic Disney princesses.

her hair is black

She's so cute, bros

Only thing known for is getting roofied by a poison apple. Lol let's put it on her shirt.

Not great not terrible.

No, actually, and really only Aurora can be called a brain dead bimbo.

It's a nice shirt. Also she's known for dying and getting kissed.

My favorite princess.

She's basic and works for her fairy tale story, but as far as a movie goes, the biggest problem with her and why she's so forgettable is that she doesn't really grow as a person. She's sweet, caring, and able to take care of herself via cooking and chores from the very beginning.

I guess at the very most, you can say her biggest issue is not trusting strangers, even those who are trying to care, which is why she runs away from the Prince (a mistake). This flaw is later changed when she depends on the care of strangers to survive (the dwarves). But then this growth is taken advantage of when she trusts a strange old woman and ends up dying as a result, so it's hard to gauge if this was a flaw or just reasonable caution.

Compared to Cinderella who needs to learn to be her own person and stand up for herself or Alice who needs to learn to get her head out of the clouds, much more memorable protagonists, it's just kinda hard to understand why we the audience should be invested in Snow White's journey other than to see the funny dwarves.

Attached: snow-white-and-the-seven-dwarfs-1937.jpg (2000x1500, 369.35K)

She's known for dying and getting back from the dead. She wears the image of the thing she was killed with.

Attached: 51FKy-E5FgL._AC_UX395_.jpg (395x578, 12.86K)

She has more agency than Elsa, Megara, Aurora or Cinderella.

No character arc, but those are generally rare for Disney princesses.

Fairy tales aren't novels. They aren't about characters. They're allegorical short stories about moods and morals. Disney is dumb for emphasizing the wrong aspects more and more as time goes on, and they don't understand the appeal of traditional storytelling.

It's (You) who's dumb here, people want to see character drama. If Disney kept producing allegorical stories with no character depth, nobody would pay to see them.

>Compared to Cinderella who needs to learn to be her own person and stand up for herself or Alice who needs to learn to get her head out of the clouds
Do they do any of that in the movies though?

>women
>having anything interesting on their minds of note
Who cares, she's young, pretty and feminine. That's all that's important. Everything else is cope.

Lmao

Cinderella's is subtle. It's not as obvious as, "Cindy saves herself by forming a rope and climbing down the attic", it's more about how preserving through a negative environment and how spreading happiness can come back like a boomerang and help you. She spreads kindness even to the lowliest of creatures because she herself is lowly. She doesn't kill the mice in traps and even saves them from the cat even though this isn't what her step-mom would want (An early sign of rebellion).

Cindy is rewarded with a guardian angel because of her kindness and she goes out to the ball, directly against the wishes of her step-mom (another sign of rebellion). When she's locked in the attic, she doesn't sit there in silence and accept it-- she yells for help and depends on her earlier actions of saving mice to help her. She also comes up with the idea of getting Bruno to help. She then interacts with the Prince and reveals herself to be the mysterious woman, which is against the wishes of the step-mom. Act I Cinderella would've sadly sat locked away in the attic and blankly that she needs to listen to her step-mom.

Alice's journey is also subtle where she is blindly chasing a distraction with characters giving her all sorts of advice and she doesn't listen to any of it. The characters sound like they're saying crazy things, but it's supposed to mimic how adults talk to kids and it's way over their heads so they just ignore it. Eventually when she wants to go home and is lost, she reflects how her actions have led her to getting lost into the woods. She sort of becomes an "adult" at the end when she lectures the Queen about how silly she's being with the nonsense trial, similar to how her sister (Or was it Aunt) was lecturing her at the beginning. She ends up escaping and we can only assume Alice won't be as easily distracted anymore in the future.

These movies don't hammer their lessons the same way something modern will hit home it's theme, but they are there.

Go cope then. You're such a shallow npc.

>She spreads kindness even to the lowliest of creatures because she herself is lowly.
>Cindy is rewarded
You could make the same point for Snow White. She helps the dwarfs, they help her later.

>Act I Cinderella would've sadly sat locked away in the attic and blankly that she needs to listen to her step-mom.
Would she though? From what you wrote I don't see it, there was no situation in the beginning that would show that.

It's not subtelty, it's just early Disney not caring much about character arcs.

This. Fairytale movies aren’t fairytale movies anymore- they’re action flicks.

Attached: Snow White ref.jpg (1340x2412, 1.41M)

Her 3D model is so cute, now I want a 3D animated reboot with that model

I like the original version better.