Del Toro's Pinocchio: Major Themes

I guess Geppetto's going to be the villain in this one.

vanityfair.com/hollywood/2022/06/guillermo-del-toro-pinocchio-first-look

Attached: tumblr_91358ab5e7af04c909264179f62d01e1_d65b75bf_1280.jpg (1080x688, 154.06K)

>FATHERS ARE BAD
What a hack

So is he ok with Pinocchio being abused by strangers?

Attached: b8d93e897ec76b2561ec2e565d39d8b7.jpg (494x482, 24.4K)

I don't know how you get Gepetto being the villain from this. He probably just wants Pinocchio to be a copy of his dead son instead of loving him for who he is.

As in artificial intelligence ? That movie was great, but this one is disney garbage

>The director always brings a slight chill before warming the heart, so his take on the living puppet comes from a gothic direction. “I’ve always been very intrigued by the links between Pinocchio and Frankenstein,” del Toro tells Vanity Fair for this exclusive first look. “They are both about a child that is thrown into the world. They are both created by a father who then expects them to figure out what’s good, what’s bad, the ethics, the morals, love, life, and essentials, on their own. I think that was, for me, childhood. You had to figure it out with your very limited experience.”

>Blind obedience is not a virtue
*unless it's about to obey someone who has ideas I align with

Del Toro doesn't subvert like that. Gepetto will be a more tragic figure if anything

That wasnt artificial intelligence, Articical Intelligence was about a woman whose son was in a coma and later had the son wake up and have to deal with his parents replacing him and later some dumb shit with aliens

Del toro is dumb?

I don’t know how you got that from this article. It’ll be more complex than that because it takes place in pre-WWII Italy.

Literally just astroboy, I'm sick of latinx and their jap worship

Reminds me of Astro Boy movie

Disney movie is by Zemeckis and it just came out to scathing reviews. Del Toro's is Netflix and is coming out later this tear

Dr. Frankenstein is not a villain if that’s what you are implying.

The ''aliens'' were robots from the future that found traces of ancient human civilization.

Frankenstein was totally abandoned by his father but Pinnochio was raised well. He just got a little astray

20 years later I still see people shitting on A.I. because of “aliens”. I’m beyond being upset, I just accept it now. It’s their loss if they can’t figure it out.

Are you sure he was a pretty bad person

So Gepetto will be a nazi then?

He kind of is, his selfishness causes the death of dozens of people.

I just don’t think it’s a good writing choice and honestly doesn’t resolve shit for the family or the robot kid.

Is a Bennato' fan?

Will Gepetto smash Fox's face with a wine bottle in this one too?

for me it wasn't the aliens/robots but more that kid being stuck at the bottom of the ocean wishing to the blue fairy would've been the perfect ending. the epilogue feels tacked on regardless if it's aliens or not

His creation made those choices.