What does Any Forums think of Harvey Comics?

What does Any Forums think of Harvey Comics?

Attached: harveygang.jpg (550x582, 172.31K)

It's a comic about Harvey's stuff.

They were mostly harmless morality plays.
Cheaters and mischief-makers usually got their comeuppance and swore off their bad habits.

Good for instilling positive values in young children without being too preachy.
The trouble is, there doesn't seem to be an audience for that anymore.
Comics are now aimed at, and read by, adults. Chronologically, anyway. Stan Lee didn't want his readers abandoning comics as they grew older, and he succeeded.
Today, there are hardly any books aimed at the youngest.
They watch TV and play electronic games. Not to mention that the days when a parent could casually drop 10 or 12 cents to amuse their child for an hour are long gone.

Casper is the only recognized one globally

Richie Rich used to be popular too

Remember when Marvel wanted their own Harvey comics for youngins and did Star Comics which felt like a Harvey comics knockoff?

This always felt it was for younger readers that were too young for Archie comics but too old for Disney

Richie rich and Caspar were both pretty popular and probably still well known even if they have been out of the pop culture for awhile now
That little devil guy (lil red hot??) was popular enough that every Hispanic woman has him tattooed some where on her body

I think he was called Lil Hot Stuff in English and yeah he was oddly shilled by t shirts and truck mudflaps for a time in the 90's like Calvin and Hobbes and Betty Boop were too. So pop culture awareness despite not much comics or cartoons of him

I think it's amusing that before they became famous for these inoffensive comics they made some of the most grotesque horror comics. In the 40s they also had some quality good girl comics by Matt Baker and others. An interesting company which was around for 50 years, by comparison there aren't any publishers around today that have existed that long except Marvel and DC.

Attached: nkotb.jpg (400x608, 93.02K)

Wait and Archie, I always forget Archie

There's more to that story
Marvel wanted to buy Harvey in the early 80s. But then Harvey was having internal problems and lawsuits so Marvel basically went NOPE and walked
Then Harvey shut down publishing right after. In that time Marvel brought in ex-Harvey staff to do Star Comics and even do a Richie Rich knock-off Royal Roy in the process. Harvey was going to sue but they settled and Marvel canceled the book

It's funny how Golden Age superhero comics by Harvey and Archie comics were pretty violent too.

Whoa I didn't know that but it makes sense. And right it was funny having the Richie Rich ripoff. That said one of Star Comics best addition was Spider-Ham which was sometimes even better than the main Spidey comics.

damn
irony is not lost here

Not only did they have the most grotesque horror comics, they had in Howard Nostrand a guy who could do a pretty good impression of Jack Davis and Wally Wood

Attached: chamber of chills 23 27.jpg (975x1427, 320.55K)

Attached: chamber of chills 23 28.jpg (975x1423, 321.34K)

Attached: chamber of chills 23 29.jpg (975x1419, 312.27K)

Attached: chamber of chills 23 30.jpg (975x1426, 332.02K)

Attached: chamber of chills 23 31.jpg (975x1414, 318.63K)

Don't mind me. I'm just claiming this cutie

Attached: Harvey_Comics_Lucrecia.png (374x330, 257.45K)