Why do many comedy shows think humor = describing what is happening?

Why do many comedy shows think humor = describing what is happening?
I've seen it in lots of "popular" shows, like The Simpsons, Family Guy, Rick and Morty...
It seems like the standard for making an adult comedy show, and is awful, any reason this happens?

Attached: 1663073246081.jpg (1332x1332, 625.13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8WXwAY85eMg
youtube.com/watch?v=T30EiucOFCA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'd need more concrete examples but I'd say it's juxtaposition and satire.
Also with mass media homogenizing our cultural experiences, observational humor can ring true with a wide audience

Attached: 3ae406abb6c79e79e1d11591024a8bb40d-rick-and-morty.rsquare.w700.jpg (700x700, 45.98K)

there's satire/parody and homages, then there's just straight up saying "LOOK DIE HARD DIE HARD HAHAHA LOOK IT'S LIKE THIS MOVIE WE SAID THE NAME". Rick and Morty does this all the fucking time and it drives me insane.

I know what you mean
“Oh wow look at this situation huh isn’t that wild” and no other jokes.

Is not satire, that's the excuse; half of Homer jokes nowadays is he describing what just happened, like:
>Ahhh tv, the joy of this current era
Or some shit like that. Pick a new episode and focus on that, it's always like this.

youtube.com/watch?v=8WXwAY85eMg

Attached: 1640901835080.jpg (1280x720, 49K)

Self-awareness to try and feel smart

Attached: Bart Sakura.jpg (288x268, 25.62K)

Good parodies don't need to tell you what they're parodying because knowing the source material won't improve your experience.

This is a confidence that R&M writers lack.

Now THIS is how you shoot a kid in a video game
youtube.com/watch?v=T30EiucOFCA

Family Guy started it the rest just copied it.

And people say it's Dan Harmon that ruined the show...

I love da simpsons
hope it never ends

thank you, karl marx

>karl marx
Walked so the REAL communists could run

Attached: hero who did nothing wrong.jpg (747x1214, 110.2K)

The joke was she had no idea what Die Hard is and was just screaming "Die Hard" like a child.

It’s a cop out too because it’s not a human kid, which I’m pretty sure is what the censors actually care about.

>women are mentally children
Wtf I love Rick and Morty now?

It's the absolute laziest way to write a visual joke. The kind of thing you get when the writers don't think about the finished product at all, just the script.

Why did you put popular in quotations? These are all very popular shows.

What do you call this kind of humor anyway?

Attached: mark beaks.jpg (1920x1080, 236.61K)

But before that and even during that, Rick and the aliens wouldn't shut up about "doing a Die Hard" or "this is totally like Die Hard".