Thoughts on static shock? I really liked it when I was younger and I think it still holds up

Thoughts on static shock? I really liked it when I was younger and I think it still holds up

Attached: static-shock-e1642939000764.jpg (750x422, 33.47K)

really fun show, also had a justice league crossover. glad Richie got powers, had some neat rogues. all around great show and epic theme song

One of my favorites. Gave it a complete rewatch a few years ago, was surprised by how well it held up.

> glad Richie got powers

I feel like they could have done something with Richie working with tech and gadgets that didn't involve powers. Him having powers somewhat diminished his value. Everything he accomplished with tech was made less impressive when you remember it was just because of his powers, and some of the shit he did invent pushed what was possible for tech even by the standards of the show that it just seemed cheap.

N

bebebebebebebebebebebebe

Tainted only racists who want to show one of the good ones promote him and I hate it non Genuine push always reveals itself
Great character who gets no marketing

What the fuck are you trying to say

I'm glad we got this show when we did, when it's primary goal was being a cool superhero show first and foremost. If the same premise was made today it would have the shittiest execution imaginable with cope marketing and legions of insincere self righteous people telling me why I'm bad if I don't watch it.

Thought it was neat how Static needed a secret identity, but most bad guys just continued on with their lives, flaunting their powers openly. Like they just let picrel back into school even though he shits fire on command now

Attached: sunsposts.png (500x375, 239.13K)

>it's primary goal was being a cool superhero show first and foremost
I think most cartoon media was like this in the 00's and prior, which is why they're so legendary and why people still talk about them and compare over the "relevant" media of today.

and even when it did go into social issues it didn't feel forced like Steven universe. It was genuine

I wouldn't really say the just let him, more that they really couldn't stop him.

noticeably more juvenile and kid-oriented than the rest of DCAU
it was fun sometimes but I'm not a big fan of it

Remember that one terrible mini series where they talk about feelings with HEAVY lgbt allusions that were toxic as fuck? Like there was one with Bismuth and Pearl and Pearl said something that sounded like it could relate to someone coming out and Bismuth threw a literal child tantrum. And then the "right" thing to do was to pander to their whims.

Honestly, I could have easily gotten over the gay and troon shit if they didn't feel the need to spell it out and make a big deal out of everything.
Like the female watermelon steven kissing her husband goodbye before going off to war instead of just fucking animating several women going off to war at the same time. But no they needed to show the audience how DIFFERENT that one was.

Eh, ultimately he was less dangerous to the school than an incel with a gun

It was absolutely forced.
>MY BEST FRIEND'S GONE BECAUSE OF YOU AND YOUR STUPID RACISM!
>GETTING SHOT REALLY HURTS! I-IT'S NOT LIKE THE MOVIES!
>HOMELESS PEOPLE ARE PEOPLE TOO, YOU KNOW!
All almost direct lines from the show off the top of my head.

It always interested me that at the time the JL were a thing. But they never tried to gather up and train these kids. Superman and Batman just left a city in a state of super powered turf war without a second thought. Is it really that bad that each city is left to live or die on its own?

Static is the reason I got dreadlocks. He was one of my favorite superheroes as a kid. But yeah his show is good. Had a lot of crossovers too. Justice League, Batman Beyond, Green Lantern, etc.

Forced messages have been around for decades, what happens is the message now takes priority over the actual narrative. Which is pants on head retarded for an entertainment writer to do. It's a cartoon, not a public service announcement. Weave it into your story naturally if you absolutely have to, but if you go into the story with the purpose of convincing someone of your world view, don't be surprised when nobody is interested in watching entertainment that often gets one step away from being a stupid high school assembly.

You're also on a board where a slight mention of a real world issue is forcing it so take anons reactions as you would a twitter temper tantrum.