Holy kino

Holy kino

Attached: MV5BMDgyMmY4ZTktZmZmNC00MTEzLWIxZTMtNTI3MzBmNzRjZjIxL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_.jpg (780x1098, 297.36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLah_-5NuaeJHmFuUw3DyijYQ8J59P59jx
youtube.com/watch?v=fLm9mhh7gvg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

On of the few adaptations bleaker than the book

Its wonderful.

I can't handle that ending.

Skinny Puppy sampled this for their Testure song.

Dammit, why'd you make me remember that ending? Gonna need some alone time now.

>They find the island at the end
How is this a sad ending?

This might be the least happy film I've ever seen. There was never a moment of levity (and I don't mean comic relief). At most it sort of became numb when they stay at the barn, but never happy. The closest thing to a friend they have is the fox, but you spend most of the film wondering what his real agenda is. It's only when he fucking dies do you realize that yes, he really did care about them. It's a great film, but goddamn is it taxing. Even Watership Down had moments of intrigue and coziness interspersed between the violence and bloodshed.

Any Forums needs more traumatic material

Who?

>kino
Is it though?

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLah_-5NuaeJHmFuUw3DyijYQ8J59P59jx
youtube.com/watch?v=fLm9mhh7gvg

Attached: D950BC3F-3DB9-4A70-B337-CF51615A68B3.jpg (595x595, 42.53K)

Misery kino. Miseryno, if you will.

It's fucking trash if you've read the novel. It turns all the deep texture of ironic postmodern prose that's actually mocking the style coupled with ghosts and a fake ending to guilt you for not caring over the real life fate of animals in exchange for a dark-for-the-sake-of-edginess ending that misses the point.

Also, for some reason nobody brings this up and only talks about the plot and how dark it is or it is not, but the animation of this film is seriously terrible and cheap and the audio mixing is poor and makes things hard to hear, and what you hear is a watered-down, Americanised version of Geordie.

That's a very nice opinion you have there.

This movie is for when you need to wallow in misery.
Like, a lot of people want to watch happy peppy cartoon shows when they're feeling down. But I watched this after my dog died, and it was like the movie was...empathizing with me?
The music at the end is the perfect time to grieve or cry if you want to. Get your feelings out.

To me Skinny Puppy is the sound of the Hellblazer comics.

Attached: john constantine 1992.jpg (736x1171, 217.2K)

>I DON'T
>FEEL
>NO PAIN
>NO MORE

user, I…

Attached: isle.jpg (655x468, 109.54K)