BEAST WARS

BEAST WARS

Attached: BEAST WARS.jpg (1064x1500, 283.7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Uk-rUsxhvAY?t=89
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Don't remember much about this show other then Optimus going postal , Dinobot going on a suicide run, and Starscream showing up and fucking things up for everyone

BEAST
WARRRRRRS
it was a good show. Holds up too, though weirdly as a kid I was like "aw boring, season 1 episode, i wish a newer one was on" and now whenever I rewatch, I'm just like.. wow season 3 kinda blows in terms of the writing and stuff.

Attached: Airazor vs Terrorsaur.webm (640x480, 2.85M)

I think you mean BEASTIES

I had a similar thing; I like late season 1 better now but early season 1 still drags. And I'd take the last few Season 3 episodes over anything.
For me I never liked watching the earlier episodes of a sequential show because you know this was just status quo until things changed.

BEASTIES

Attached: BEASTIES.jpg (480x360, 21.4K)

>putting dino-breath on the cover instead of mah boi rattrap

it's okay. we all know he was the best.

I rewatch it once a year. It's still fuckin awesome.

I never understood that change. I mean, it's not like they changed the dialogue in the show, and they did say "war" several times in it.

>we all know he was the best.
Funny way of spelling Cheetor

youtu.be/Uk-rUsxhvAY?t=89

Cheetor sucked.

Because Canada is a faggot pussy country.

If you were to put this in front of censors today they'd have an aneurysm

god, rattrap's the fucking best

>early season 1
i wouldnt say it drags, but it is definitely the corniest point of the show visually. They hadn't settled into the tone yet, probably still not used to the freedom of syndication, they weren't under ABC's thumb anymore. or the weird canadian censors or whatever it was that made old ReBoot so goofy.
But it was still neat worldbuilding stuff. Just slowly discovering more about the setting.. it was good times. plus the early episodes get to have weird shit like waspinator having eye lasers that never show up again

i just realized the other day that he's basically archie bunker. and he might just have the best arc of anyone in the show. He wasn't even a soldier, just a mercenary transport ship guy.. basically a trucker.. paid to take a bunch of hippie scientists off to some planet to poke at rocks, and then THIS shit happens.
Now he's gotta share the crashed ship with a dirty Pred AND the boss monkey is always pullin' rank on him, trying to make him fight. took him a while to warm up to giving a rat's ass about anyone else.

What I always say when describing why BW's writing was so good is that Rattrap, in most other shows, would be the assclown, the moral example to be made that he was the "wrong" one for being a pessimist or a coward. In a lot of kids shows back then, there was usually a character they'd use to demonstrate that. Arnold in Magic School bus, or Eric in Dungeons and Dragons. The "Goofus" character.
Rattrap is one of the best heroes in kids TV because he teaches kids that they should do the right thing even if they don't like it. Being a team player doesn't mean you get your way, or that its enjoyable. But that doesn't make you bad for not accepting that automatically.

indeed
and it was weirdly appropriate making cheetor the fuckup. like yeah he is young, of course he's going to do stupid shit. and part of growing up is learning to stop doing that. i swear most media has the exact opposite moral.

Take Miko, from Prime. She would get herself almost killed every episode. No consequences. At best it was "oh that Miko".

I watched Beast Wars recently and was surprised at how well it matched the vibe of early Red vs. Blue.

I think the first episode that really showed the potential of Beast Wars' writing was Chain of Command. Potentially high stakes (Optimus being abducted), great character moments like Dinobot taking issue with Maximal democracy and the introduction of the Vok arc, which left things up in the air. It felt like all of the Maximals had their personalities thoroughly established after being a bit iffy in the first four episodes.

It also had some sick action. Webm related.

Attached: megatron vs dinobot.webm (512x384, 2.72M)