How are you liking Dick Beast so far? Do you think he should outright be a villain and go full Dark?

How are you liking Dick Beast so far? Do you think he should outright be a villain and go full Dark?
comicsxf.com/2021/04/20/beasts-dark-descent-from-the-silver-age-to-benjamin-percys-x-force/

Attached: beast-header.jpg (1745x878, 333.8K)

No

It's pretty lame desu.

I don't like it at all, friend. I miss my big blue loveable lug who did science while quoting Shakespeare.

Attached: beast 2.jpg (1280x720, 42.59K)

i miss that beast also.

Attached: beast disgusts the watcher.jpg (1279x1916, 415.28K)

Hate it, but not because I can't handle Hank Mccoy acting evil
I hate it because not only does he get away with acting evil, but the writers act like the rest of the x-men's shit doesn't stink nearly as badly

Attached: 14.jpg (1988x3056, 487.83K)

Hate, no, that website is made by retarded neckbeards and troons

That's the Any Forums demographic though.

Which X-Sluts have taken Hank's knot?

Attached: 1580609119167.jpg (2060x2060, 3.94M)

Attached: 1649379746985.png (996x600, 1.11M)

WTF happened? Isn't Watcher dead too?

>do you like dick beast

fuck no. you can tell the authors hamfisted that shit and doubled down on reverse plot armor

fucking exhibit A. in endangered species beasts asks for help from the watcher and the watcher just gives him a hush finger. suddenly bendis wants watcher fucking stalking hank mccoy in his bedroom talking shit when he's not supposed to interfere and is a hypocrite about it
the writers wanted to force the audience in to thinking that cyclops is right and beast is wrong. that's it. that's literally all it is. and now they're doing the same shit in krakoa. all this judgement stuff, they already did that shit to beast. it's reverse plot armor

fuck marvel for shitting on beast

>should he be an outright villain
well here's the thing about it: x-men villains get to be on the council. they're already dicks and are rewarded for it. beast is shit on by writers but they only use him as a whipping boy/scapegoat. they wouldn't know how to actually make a compelling villain. dark beast has potential for it, but writers had magik murder him after he'd saved mutants from an anti-mutant vaccine from being normalized

see, this shit isn't even an argument, it's some bullshit excuse that looks like it's been written by a shitty teenager. these are not the words of a college educated person

Attached: xmen97.png (1248x607, 185.54K)

>Which X-Sluts have taken Hank's knot?
Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Wolverine. Outside the X-books, Wonderman.

fucking same

Attached: realproblemxmen.png (1218x226, 87.93K)

beast and storm briefly dated, that's literally it. i don't think any of the x-women have given him the time or day.

he tried to be friendly with dr cecilia reyes right around the time of zero tolerance with bastion, but she wasn't interested either

>After all, the Beast has over the past 20 years trended toward a Jekyll and Hyde fate—a study in atavistic urges turned deadly when desperately repressed by a hyperrational mind.

The groundwork for Beast’s dark turn was laid decades before, most explicitly with Amazing Adventures #11 in 1972—where Hank underwent his bestial transformation, in a not-wholly ambiguous fit of masochism—courtesy of author Gerry Conway and further developed by Steve Englehart for six issues. But I’d argue that Hank’s dangerous self-repression and self-loathing goes back to his first appearance.

this is fucking retarded and wrong. it started when beast had a conscience about killing bishop, and then marvel decided to ram rightclops down everyone's throats

Attached: beasttrustedscott2.png (630x655, 583.02K)

>Yet even if partially redeemed in this way, Hank must still answer for his worst crimes.

hey guys, remember when beast tried to stop a race war between mutants and inhumans, and fucking everyone threw it in his face? wow what a horrible person. fuck this dumbass writers

>pic of psychic attack by cassandra nova
this motherfucker is actually using an attack on his mind as evidence of weakness. what in the actual fuck

>ermagerd beast hates himself
not as much as writers hate him

>he's bad for having an inferiority complex
>dark beast was evil and did not have an inferiority complex
hmm... maybe this article is bullshit

>Hank returned to the super-team basically like nothing had happened, immediately involved with very silly fisticuffs and shenanigans and picking up nightclub ladies who merely seemed to fetishize him.

ah i see, so beast isn't allowed to be percieved as sexual either. is this david bowen person a fucking puritan?

>But Hank’s never been one for inspiring leadership
yeah i guess all those government meetings and hearings and appearing publically and submitting scientific papers about genetics, none of that matters!

>Essentially, Beast’s “fun-loving persona” was another overly insistent manifestation of his repression, no less than his compulsion to analyze, control, and/or contain other mutants, never himself.
anyone who ever tells you that none of your feelings of happiness are genuine is gaslighting you. the writer of this article is a fucking psychopath

>actually tries to make a moral argument against medical research
holy fucking shit. if you destroy the medical information that was gotten immorally, yes it's bad, but if you don't have that information and use it for good, you DEFINITELY ensure that those people suffered in vain, for nothing.

>handed over threnody
yes, because her powers were derived directly from death. as in it was dangerous to have her around if she didn't know how to use them

Attached: ismellbullshit.png (1247x763, 1.57M)

sorry, meant to greentext the paragraph starting with "groundwork"

I also miss the guy that was bros with wonder man.
Honestly while i dislike the whole era i think x-force beast is the most egeregious turn in characterization, and unlike most of the others i geniunley cant see how it can be fixed.

Has High Evo ever took an interest in Beast? I'd like to see some sort of team up happening between them with Beast accepting becoming his apprentice since Beast is pretty much what High Evo is trying to accomplish end game

>So, Dark Beast began taunting Beast with the intimation that he—the Reality-616 Hank—could all too easily become just like his AoA counterpart without Dark Beast’s interference at all.

and yet, the writers made beast and dark beast interact for the good of mutants, and yet the writers continue to have beast be more of a dick and get judged for it while everyone else including straight up villains get to be popular and on the council

>So, the question remains: Has Hank’s eternal anxiety over his insistence on taking strong ethical stances proven merely symptomatic of his kneejerk disavowal of temptations he’s never openly acknowledged even to himself?

what a fucking cope. the writers never let him date anyone then force a shitty character arc on him. he's literally alone and reaches out to his friends in the story but somehow he's also some kind of warped person? fucking christ this is a hit piece, not a critical review

>initially led Hank to seek aid from a rogues gallery of mad-genius villains, which only left a stain on his soul, especially after working closely, and fruitlessly, with Dark Beast

ah yes, the stain on his soul which had him *checks notes* stand against cyclops's death squad and .... *checks notes* try to stop a race war with inhumans?

>Hank’s usefulness was downgraded to engineering ingenious tech as needed by others.
>entire paragraph is about others using him
>BUT HE'S SELF LOATHING!

>shows beast talking to iceman after being tortured
okay cool, now show the panel where beast tries to show his vulnerability to a best friend about being fucking tortured and iceman throws it in his face

Honestly i think beast in the x-men is more limited into being the smart guy while he's allowed to be more fun with the avengers.

Obviously now we have a different problem, but its born from writers seeing him as the smart one first, and assocaiting smart with unethical, despite that not being the point of the character.

>Hank joined Wolverine’s nonmilitant X-Men, where he underwent life-threatening mutation. This is what decided his mucking about with time itself, to bring the O5 back from their earliest days, allegedly to show Cyclops the error of his ways post-Decimation—but also to get his younger self to cure him

yeah he tried to call for help from FF and Avengers and got no response, then his younger self happened to save him because he was fucking dying. it was not his intention to just have his younger self do things for him. that's not what happened holy shit.

bringing up O5 isn't an argument, marvel did that shit to try to sell shitty O5 comics

>The X-Men put Hank on trial for what mucking with the timestream

oh right! because no one else has done that before! it's fine if cyclops sends cable in to the future, bishop lights south america on fire, cyclops tells beast to make a bomb to blow up bishop through time, but holy shit beast made a unilateral decision when there were few options left before dying and suddenly he's the worst

>Seeing the crisis as a way to redeem his failure with the Legacy Virus, Beast unsurprisingly worked hard to self-sabotage, again
this is a lie. beast was working to cure the terrigen mist and the writers gave it to fucking REE REE

>The fussily moralistic voice of the O5
>fuck him for being the voice of reason, right? but now he's shit for not being the voice of reason! I AM INTELLIGENT

fuck this david bowen person. he is actual human garbage holy shit

>ends the article with a shoutouts, referencing a fucking podcast and namedropping

wow, we can really take you seriously!