Metroman

Was Metroman evil for faking his death & leaving Metro City defenseless?

Or did he have a right to choose his destiny, regardless of the desires of everyone else?

Attached: ezgif-1-0b53363a21.jpg (296x500, 23.22K)

Wouldn't call it evil, just a dick move

Absolved by the fact he accurately predicted Megamind would take his place, something which he knew Megamind actually wanted. At that point it’s not abandoning your station so much as it is transferring it to someone who likes the job.

Also: voiced by Brad Pitt for some reason.

>for some reason
are you dense?

No, no one is entitled to protection.

I wished we had a Megamind series that actually flushed out their relationship because it does seem like despite their roles they might have been good friends

>CN aired megamind last night
>a few days after the queens death

I mean the "and there is no queen of england" meme has been floating around the past few days but CHRIST

With great power might come great responsibility, but he didn't just quit, he found someone who could successfully take his place in protecting the city. Ultimately he did the responsible thing and is thus entitled to his rest.

He was kind of a jerk about it.

>but he didn't just quit, he found someone who could successfully take his place in protecting the city
No, he didn't, he just guessed, what if Megamind wanted to expand his empire of evil? Make it worldwide? And then go to space and shit?

Harley Quinn killed Queen Elizabeth.

>Let’s get real for a moment. Although getting a whole museum is super cool, super cool. You wanna know what the greatest honor you’ve given me is? Do you really wanna know? I’ll tell ya. The greatest honor you’ve given me is letting me serve you. The helpless people of Metro City. And at the end of every day, well, I often ask myself... who would I be without you?

>You both deserve the truth. It all started back at the observatory. Roxanne was kidnapped, I was gonna stop you. My head wasn’t in the game that day. We were kind of goin’ through the motions. So, using my super speed, I decided to go clear my head. Then I realized, we had done this same silly charade our entire lives. I tried to get my mind off how I was feeling, but I just felt stuck. And I began to realize, despite all my powers, each and every citizen of Metro had something I didn’t. A choice. Ever since I can remember, I’ve always had to be what this city wanted me to be. But what about what I wanted to do? Then it suddenly hit me. I do have a choice! I can be whatever I wanna be! No one said that this hero thing had to be a lifetime gig. You can’t just quit either. That’s when I got the brilliant idea… to fake my death. Once your death ray hit, I’ve never felt so alive.

>There’s a madman out there destroying our... your city! Look, we need your help
>I’m sorry. I really am. Um, I’m…I’m done. You know, little buddy, there’s a yin for every yang. If there’s bad, good will rise up against it. It’s taken me a long time to find my calling. Now it’s about time you find yours.

>(disguised in a trench coat at the crowded opening of Megamind's museum) Way to go, little buddy. I knew he had it in him.
You judge.

Nah, he probably would've ended up killing himself somehow if he didn't. He legit spent hours reflecting upon himself, moving so fast everyone was practically still. Probably the most realistic Super-man in all of fiction (that doesn't just turn him into le evil God)

It's iffy. Yes it's mitigated somewhat by his understanding of Megamind's harmlessness but he left way way way too many things to chance and his primary motivations were selfishness and cowardice.

Evil no, selfish yes

Is this situation handled much in any comics?
Heros decide to take vacations, focus on hobbies, don't show up sometimes etc.
They are there to help but they aren't 911 responders required and paid for by tax dollars.

>No, he didn't, he just guessed, what if Megamind wanted to expand his empire of evil?
>t. didn't watch the movie

Yeah and we all remember what happened when the idea of superhero mental health was examined...

>superhero mental health
I am sure it was handled with nuance, interesting takes, and not using boomer tier knowledge of psychology.

No. Megamind isn't even evil. He literally got so bored after he won that he decided to make a new superhero to fight with.