Anyone else feel like NWH fumbled the ball with Green Goblin towards the end?

Anyone else feel like NWH fumbled the ball with Green Goblin towards the end?

>set up Norman as main villain
>build him up the whole movie
>give him a personal beef with Holland
>suddenly he's cured and immediately exits the movie without any further dialogue beyond "Oh shit, what happened?"

Attached: willem-dafoe-green-goblin-no-way-home.jpg (1608x804, 83.93K)

He did the damage required of him, but yeah in order to really make the villain arcs work you'd need a glimpse at their respective universes and what they would do afterwards. Honestly not even sure how Otto survives, by the time he's brought over the fusion generator is self-sustaining, and even if he's his old self he has to do the same thing to drown it.

Maybe he got to keep the arc reactor and it absorbed all of the fusion energy. IDK. This film was weird in a lot of places. You'd think Garfield would consider making a cure for Harry to take back home, even if he doesn't appear in the film, considering he's one of his few villains that actually did want to be healed.

Lizard didn't even die in Andrew's universe, no reason for him to be there.

also not sure why Electro knew Peter Parker was Spider-Man

Wasn't it an alternate version of electro? Not being blue and all. Also he mentioned he was moments away from killing Spider-Man.

>also not sure why Electro knew Peter Parker was Spider-Man
>the way the villains are all brought together is because they know who Peter Parker is
>there's still a joke at the end of the movie where Electro reveals he had no idea who was under the mask
It's almost like the writers put as little thought as possible into this film and just wanted it an excuse to bring together old villains and three Spider-Men for easy money

HOW the fuck did Tobey's spider-sense not go off when Norman stabbed it, yet in Raimi Spider-man 1, Tobey's spider-sense gives him like a 5 second warning the goblin glider is about to stab him????????????????

Attached: DONT JAB ME BRO.png (1300x1850, 3.72M)

In the case of Lizard, I assume he's only there because of the possibility that curing him sooner might save George Stacy from dying. That said, that is never really brought up in the film, with Andrew only offhandedly mentioning that he cured him once.

As far as Electro goes, I think I saw somewhere that it was handwaved as "When he was in the power grid absorbing data, he absorbed the information that Peter Parker was Spider-Man." Which sounds like some last minute bullshit to me, but Electro was pretty fun in the movie, so whatever.

He's blue when he first shows up, then changes when he absorbs the MCU electricity.

At this point, Tobey's probably been stabbed so many times that it doesn't even register as a threat to his Spider Sense.

It is pretty weird, though, since you do see his Spider Sense go off to the goblin bomb earlier.

I think it was implied Garfield killed his Harry.

>gotta watch where you fall

He was distracted by trying to calm other Peter down and also his hands were literally full. Spider sense is an early warning system for his reflexes but it’s not like he never gets hit in fights. Also gif related shows that even if his senses tell him something is amiss he can’t always react in time to avoid it.

Attached: A867EDF7-CBF7-401D-8E93-C010FA5DC37D.gif (480x270, 2.96M)

They also don’t explain how Otto knew Norman was the Green Goblin when that was never made public or even known to anyone but Peter. You can assume Otto was just smart enough to connect the dots on his own and keep it to himself, but still.

How was curing villains of their superpowers stop them from being psychos outside of goblin and octopus?

Attached: 1643329835467.jpg (500x500, 47.13K)

I don't have it clear if the serum Goblin takes is kind of an enhancer and if it was they really wasted the oportunity to make him be green skin I was hoping they did it from the scene when he breaks the helmet and I think the precedent is that Tobey spidey has body integrated webbing also it would've been awesome.

>hating all of Spiderman NWH
>loving all of Strange 2

You may say I'm doing it wrong, but I one day you will agree.

lizard was only evil due to lizard mind reasons
sandman was evil due to wanting to go back to his daughter RIGHT NOW, which, lacking sand powers, he couldn't enforce, so, he'd sit in the corner and wait
electro's power spike got his mind scrambled

I really hated Norman being “cured”. I felt like that removes the tragedy of the character in the most Disney way possible.

Why do only villains go full retard when gaining powers?

right, because you'd be a paragon of morality and clear thinking if allowed to impose your will on 99.999% of the population, user-chan.

Lizard is a psycho for apparently wanting to gift all of humanity powers, which I'm sure they'd love in the MCU after 99% of their other heroes died fighting some CGI alien despot. Sandman is a murderer whos escaped jail twice. Electro's motivation I can't remember didn't he just need to feed off the cities grid which would naturally deprive people of power.