For a remake which main message is about inclusivity and appreciation of diversity in our world...

For a remake which main message is about inclusivity and appreciation of diversity in our world, can I say it was surprisingly quite discriminatory against Italians? It felt more of a commentary on American culture than respecting the original country the original source material came from and is placed in. Which is... kind of racist, despite its message.

Attached: pinocchio-zemeckis-670x377.jpg (670x377, 31.53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/V5XE1rwdzz0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

the US hates Europe lmao

Also Pinocchio smells horse shit hahaha what's with that?

Wait for Del Toro's one.

Of course the Del Toro's movie is going to be miles better.

>Which is... kind of racist

How is that racist?

They're basically putting themselves and their views on society over Italian representation.
Luca was much better at this, although it didn't stop from falling into certain stereotypes.

Scat fetish indoctrination.

HE SNIFF DA POO POO

Wait... There are countries OUTSIDE of America?!

Did they ban it in Saudi Arabia because of the gay animals?

That's because if there's one race you can make fun of in the current geopolitical narrative, it's Italians.
And Irish people.

Making fun of italians is pretty much the last lynchpin holding together race relations. Can you imagine if people started to say Mario was an offensive racial caricature? Or if you weren't allowed to say "I cooka da pasta" when making Italian food?
People would start killing each other in the streets. Things would get real bad fast.

They’ve have had it too good for too long

It's kind of hypocritical, though. Who dictates what it's okay to make fun of and what not?

Jews and Italians are natural enemies.

I keep hearing talk about this, and I refuse to believe it’s real. No, I won’t watch it just to see if it’s really there.

People with money.

Reminds me of Zootopia.
>Don't let stereotypes dictate your life
>you can be whatever you want
>sheep can be villains, lions can be cowardly, rabbits and foxes can fight for justice and righteousness
>BUT ITALIANS ARE MAFIA AND JERSEY SHORE AMIRITE?

Attached: file.png (1300x689, 635.19K)

It's also because most italians don't bitch on Twitter if you make fun of them. Italy in general is a country that doesn't take itself too seriously, arguably their problem is the exact opposite.

They've already starting doing that for Mario stuff. Which is why they don't have him say almost anything recognizable anymore and might be why they grabbed Chris Pratt for the new movie. The most current wave of this shit is piggybacking off the Latinx rage from a couple years ago where a bunch of white people (who think they're Mexican) got pissed off that Odyssey had a desert world inhabited by sugar skull people in it where Mario was encouraged to wear a sombrero and a poncho. Mexico thought that shit was rad as fuck, but they aren't the ones people are scared to piss off.

We're already living in an era where it's not cool to imitate or make light fun of Italians, we're like a stones throw away from it being something people are going to start getting cancelled over soon. Mark my words.

Still nothing can beat the Soviet version:
>does not give a shit about becoming real boy
>stays true to himself
>has actual adventures instead of long string of unwarranted misery
>drives the Jew out of entertainment industry
>gets career in show business

Attached: s4848.jpg (954x468, 276.97K)

Also live-action one had the best Fox and the Cat.

Attached: regnum_picture_154260219779710_normal.jpg (720x469, 78.22K)

Twitter unironically is trying to do that with mafia movies

Italians are also big racists themselves. They're so racist they hate every region that isn't the one they're born from. There's a strong Northern Italy VS Southern Italy sentiment still going on after years, and the most favoured political party to win is a right winged one.

What about the Jhonnstsn Taylor Thomad 96 film? I dont see many people talking about it, it seems people wanna forget that one.

youtu.be/V5XE1rwdzz0

Aye Tony, that means it's-a okay to be racista againsta Melanzane as well, what with them being huge racistas themselves!