Vattu

holy shit

Attached: file.png (290x285, 87.17K)

Wow.. The marked were the Empire all along.. Feels good not bearing the hideous mark.

I loved this comic. Good from beginning to end.

So anons, I give you a question:
>Who are you?

Attached: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamogus.png (581x578, 298.43K)

>user, of those marked in green

It was good, my only issue with the comic is how much interesting it would be if the dogs weren't just romans but something more alien.

another problem is how there is no biological differences other than size and a few unique abilities, no species seem to reproduce faster or need to eat specific food so they just feel like humans

wasn't that the point? to make the story feel more "real"?

Oh hey, good to know. I don't remember why I abandoned this, but now is a good time for a re-read.

It's finished?!
Goddamn
I wonder if it has physical release, so I can make up for not keeping up with or supporting it for years.

I wonder what he's got up his sleeve next

there's probably going to be a storytime soon
it's right there in th site

So what went wrong?

If you are going to replace humans for alien species why not develop them? It makes your worldbuilding more memorable and immersive

Iirc there's some difference in Surin and War-Men when compared to the others.

>War-Men: tough stonelike skin, never eats (or shown eating)
>Surin: can not overdose on unweight, while the dogmen and fluters gets high from it - Surin can even internalize the weightlessness

the problem is how shallow those differences are to the point no reader would even bother to research on those species or the worldbuilding in general

0 readership

What are you talking about?

The Grish are clearly amphibious, the War-Men are basically made of stone, the Fluters can barely stand up to anyone 1v1, the fat merchant was basically able to take over the entire Grish camp just because of his superior size and strength.

I mean I get wanting more worldbuilding but this isn't something like Unsounded, the most fantastical element is the Surin and their unweight and even that was pushing it

Not much, I just think the final battle was a bit too rushed. Vattu basically gains an entire army with one line of dialogue, and for all the buildup with the Surin all they do is just drop a couple bombs

It's a very amateur work. The artwork is amateur and nothing special. The writing is amateur and nothing special. Evan Dahm's primary claim to fame is how prolific he is, but he's not pumping out anything gripping, or shockingly different, or wildly talented, or likely to be remembered in twenty years.

He's just a little autist sitting in the corner scribbling stories he probably first imagined when he was a teenager. I have to assume he's married to a rich woman or something.

He's definitely autistic. I tried talking to him at a convention once and he couldn't look anyone in the eyes and looked utterly miserable to be there.

It's a shame that he pigeonholed himself into his web presence. I strongly feel that if he had the support of an editor or team working with him, his stories could have had the extra polish they needed to stand out. They're inoffensive, maybe even bordering on decent/good (Riceboy, for me, falls into the latter category, though admittedly that could be marked up to nostalgia). But they just lack the extra something... Either an improvement in the art, or the writing... to be notable.
I suppose there is something to be said for actually completing multiple webcomics, but this would be far less impressive an accomplishment if the medium wasn't so rife with other amateurs and abandoned works.

I think ‘very amateur’ is a little over the top.

nah the writings very lacking, its too "binary" where every single foreigner and every single woman conspire together to commit regicide and destroy the entire society, but somehow everyone lives happily ever after
I couldn't tell if we were supposed to root for vattu's army. at one point I expected a sahtian mob to form to confront them about why they were just dropping bombs in the middle of their home
I personally liked the artwork though, it was simple and easy to look at