Is Electro the lamest of Spider-Man's core rogues gallery? He has no distinct personality, no interesting backstory...

Is Electro the lamest of Spider-Man's core rogues gallery? He has no distinct personality, no interesting backstory, no development, no real motivations, and he has never really had an iconic defining story. Notice how every adaptation of him does something completely different, because there is nothing from the comics about him worth adapting other than his powers. All he ever really does is pad out Sinister Six rosters. Also, let's face it, his costume kinda sucks.

Attached: Electro Ditko.jpg (500x727, 104.34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vcxGBMORras&t=676
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He's a geedy guy

He’s just a crook, user. If you’ve ever actually known one, they’re pretty uninteresting.

Shocker and Boomerang are just crooks, yet they're way more interesting and memorable than Electro. Real crooks indeed are usually pretty boring, but a writer's job is to make things interesting, and writers have consitently failed in that regard with Electro.

Attached: Don't mock the Shocker.jpg (1960x2980, 1.7M)

He caused the raft breakout that made the new avengers form

The costume is the only good thing about it

I liked him in TAS where he was Red Skull's son.

Attached: Rheinholt Kragov.jpg (546x503, 67.34K)

He was hired to do that by Skrull Elektra, and after he did it the Avengers kicked his ass in like 2 pages, and after that he was never brought up by Bendis again. He was a plot device in that story, not a character.

>I have no mind of my own and copy what eceleb says
kys

he's a massive scumbag, I love him

Attached: 1463601796122.jpg (506x640, 41.15K)

And which e-celeb said this?

He's a great inventory villain, a douchebag who just wants to be rich. No pathos, he's just a greedy asshole.

godzillamendoza

Yeah, I don't know why the Scorpion is the one that got stuck with the "loser" reputation when he is actually interesting and Electro is an actual loser.

youtube.com/watch?v=vcxGBMORras&t=676

>when he is actually interesting
Scorpion is just a brute and Venom overtook his position as Spider-Man's villanous counterpart rather easily. They tried multiple times to do something with him and all of them either failed or ended with him as the punchline. Electro barely tries.

Not every villain needs to have depth and pathos, nor a sympathetic backstory, and any long-running cape comic really should have a solid 'bank' of villains of different types, to give the book variety. A guy like Electro who just wants to get rich or fight grudge matches with heroes who beat him is perfectly fine in his own role, and he does have some interesting things about him, like being a surprisingly good at being an ego-less team player as supervillains go, and being much more powerful than he really knows or understands, making him potentially a lot more dangerous when a smarter villain is coaching him.

In his normal role as a villain of the month or a member of the Sinister Six, he's a guy with cool powers and a visually interesting costume, he doesn't need muh iconic defining story, we already know who he is and what he wants.

>his costume kinda sucks.
You suck

His green and yellow star face costume is a hundred times better than his not doctor Manhattan look.

Attached: 1E446E83-1009-4F57-8AA8-A394C7D242C2.png (200x372, 149.58K)

What do you think about when they replaced his mask with lightning-shaped scars?

Attached: Electro Ends of the Earth.jpg (1719x2609, 476.05K)

I can't take the Rhino seriously as a Spider-Man villain anymore. He should be an MJ rogue only.

Attached: 936.jpg (527x810, 214.83K)

Hate it. Every attempt to replace the mask sucks. Either embrace the Ditko costume or just don't use Electro.