Is this show actually any good...

Is this show actually any good? I didn't watch it at the time because I had (and have) a huge distaste for "kid" or "teen" characters in my cartoons. Are they actually superheroes and do they save the world and stuff, or is it all teen drama fluff?

Attached: xbabies.jpg (1024x659, 95.39K)

man i don't fucking know

The first three seasons are mostly 90's teen drama, the fourth is mostly superhero stuff. They still save the world in the first three of course but it is on the backburner most of the time. I really liked the first three and less the fourth season for this. Mind you I'm casual when it comes to X-Men.

I would suggest to give it a go and if you don't like it then you can drop it any time. The girls are cute as fuck if it matters.

It's a good show anyway.

I haven't watched it since it originally aired, but I recall it started off as relatively low stakes high school drama and then ramped up into full-on X-Men save the world stuff as it went on. It's worth watching for goth Rogue at least.

What were the creators thinking? What kid would be interested in teenage drama instead of seeing a bunch of wacky powers being used on screen?

I think it is good.
Good story, good characters, great designs.

Well.. me for example? Call me casual but this isn't the first series where the "normal everyday teens" have some super special background and they need to juggle it with their normal life. As for powers the series uses them all the time except mostly for mischief. Don't forget this series was trying to catch the attention of older kids of both genders who are more interested in interpersonal relationships.

Fair enough.

The main appeal of X-Men since Claremont is that it's basically just a soap opera with superpowers

Yes

It's unironically better than the comics.

Do you even read X-Men comics? They are just shitty generic drama like love triangles and real life prejudice analogies that simply don't work, with some mediocre to garbage short superhero fights

After the first couple of seasons, they mostly leave the high school angle behind and just focus on them being heroes. The first season in particular has a lot of cringy highschool "humor," but it gets better as the show goes on. The Rogue/Apocalypse arc in the last season is probably the best story in the show.

It has the best and most likeable iteration of Scott and Jean and the most waifu-tier Rogue.

From what I remember
Season One: Mostly slice of life teen drama stuff with Superpowers. Although there is a long running arc through the season with The Brotherhood and Magneto, so every couple of episodes you'll get an arc episode and it ends with a two part finale.
Season Two: A ton of new characters introduced, theres no real arc and they're all individual episodes for the most part with a two part finale about Sentinels
Season Three: They leave the high school behind and a lot of the teen drama stuff, gets a lot more superheroey as a lot of other teams like the Acolytes and Morlocks appear
Season Four: One long running narrative with each episode furthering the arc, Apocalypse arc.

It's pretty mediocre, which already puts it in the pantheon of great X-Men entries. If you like X-Men, it's worth it. If you don't, it's not.

another proof the concept of mutants only works in a separate universe without Marvel

It's pretty good. Got goth Rogue, tan girl X-23, and Kitty is hot. So the waifu game is strong at least.

I wish more xmen shows would use pietro

Its the.only.show with teen drama i like.
They managed to balance the action and character interaction, fun, thenfunny, and boner i ducing babes.

It's THE X-Men cartoon for me

character drama has always been at the root of the x-men, and WB was basically the teen channel at the time.

>a separate universe without Marvel

But other Marvel characters showed up.

Really liked these guys

Attached: brotherhoodxe.jpg (600x450, 60.58K)