Batman & Robin is a good movie. It was basically a 90s incarnation of the Adam West show...

Batman & Robin is a good movie. It was basically a 90s incarnation of the Adam West show. It should get some kind of sequel one day.

Attached: batman & robin.jpg (1000x1507, 326.75K)

>Batman & Robin is a good movie.
All right
>it should get some kind of sequel one day
Why

It's an amusing movie and a noteworthy artefact of its time.

Robin is extremely hot in that movie. I love the nipple suit

It wasn't good, dumb zoomer.

>It was basically a 90s incarnation of the Adam West show.
No it wasn’t
The Adam West show was taking the original Batman comics of the 40s, 50s, and 60s, and bringing them to life onscreen. Importantly, doing it so literally that it becomes incredibly funny, while still providing exciting adventure for the kids.
Batman And Robins major issue is cognitive dissonance, same with Batman Forever. Batman Forever has this moving story about Bruce overcoming his trauma, then he immediately turns around and (literally) shows us his ass. Batman And Robin, Mr Freeze is this depressed character based on BTAS, who lives in a giant ice cream cone and spouts ice puns.
Pick a side and go for it. One moment, Alfred is dying and Bruce is trying to express his love and appreciation for him, next minute you’ve got Mr Freeze teaching eskimos to sing the snow miser song

Someone put this thread on ice.

This was on in the middle of the night a few weeks ago. I forgot how dog shit it was.

Cool it

You’re basically describing all the ways of why it was bad in the 90’s.

It was like Adam West only boring as fuck!

Yeah pretty much. 90s audiences wanted attitude and bite more than anything. Nowadays the cultural zeitgeist demands everything to be as lame and inoffensive as possible.

Agreed. This shit is only cool when Disney does it. Thor Ragnarok was absolute kino.
>Thor's Dad dies. Jokes
>Thor's friends die. Jokes
>Thor's world dies. Jokes.
AAAAAAHHHHHH I HECKIN' LUV MARVELERINO!!!!

user, Marvel sucks. Comics, cartoons, movies, DC will always be better
If Batman And Robin is like a Marvel movie, that’s another hit against it

It's better than Adam Wests show in regards to the comic, in the general look, and in regards to any moderately serious subjects.

Adam Wests show doesnt have a single inclination towards anything gothic, not one bit, unlike the comics of his period even in the 60s and before. Batmans gothic element is essential, extremely so. It's his #1 gimmick. It's in his name.

George Clooney also looked better in the costume and as Bruce than any actor before or since - physically.

Like Adams show and the comics it wasnt afraid to incorporate humor which is great.

Attached: 993379-HSC00001-7.jpg (770x1090, 56.08K)

It creeped me the fuck out as a little kid from the gothic imagery and overly sexual stuff with Ivy, no where near as comfy as Adam West.

Even the Zack Snyder movies do those things. But just like Snyder's movies, the problem with Batman and Robin is that it's just...boring. Adam West will never not be fun.

Uma's was the only interesting performance in the film. She seemed like she would fit right in the '66 Batman world. The rest just seem give me a crass '90s marketing feel. Like a live-action Disney movie from that period. Like 'Flubber' or 'Jungle 2 Jungle'. Bleeeeh. The late '90s sucked.

Zack Snyders movie is a disgrunted, boring, miserable guy who threatens to murder. His costume and setting dont channel a single thing gothic. Its just a badly done Frank Miller, not that his Batman was that great. And Afflicks soft face doesnt sell me on him.

Yes cast and crew from Batman and Robin were inspired by the 60s show, so there's fitting things.

Live-action Batman peaked with Begins.

I'm sick of this zoomer historical revisionism. This movie sucked dick.

Yep. It's the Yang to Snyder's Yin. Both equally bad on opposite ends of the spectrum.

This is why Superman works alone.

Attached: this is why superman works alone.png (639x478, 238.35K)