Anime parody in cartoons

>Anime parody in cartoons
>Still thinks anime is Speed Racer/Astro Boy
By the time this aired, Evangelion was already popular

Attached: 1B9B8FBC-D5D8-41FA-9999-640ED8FB733E.jpg (640x480, 22.91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n_OC-RAm7Qs
youtu.be/3wO_BOTRcj8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

user, your frame of reference for references is way out of date.

youtube.com/watch?v=n_OC-RAm7Qs

Animators reference shit from their own childhoods. That's why we're getting DBZ/Eva references *now*

Like a Saturday-morning cartoon by boomer is going to parody an anime where a depressed teenager's cloned mother fuses with a space demon and turns the whole world into Sunny D.

Evangelion was only a cult classic in the 90s, it wasnt until the internet hit the mainstream that western audiences realized how popular eva was

Fucking waste too. Imagine how kino a Dexter Eva parody would be. Craig Mccracken style biblically accurate angels.

[spoilers]Im sorry lads, I know even saying the words invites "biblically accurate angels" retard to the board.[/spoilers]

Shit nigger, we were getting DBZ references more than 10 years ago.
www.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DsQiGDdlJuPg&usg=AOvVaw0NpYMYx1sAhzVfWh9qnZoy

Who actually had watched eva in the west in 1996?

But it was specifically parodying Speed Racer. Are you seriously complaining that it didn't parody something it wasn't supposed to be a parody of? There's no rule that parodies can only be about media that is popular at that moment in time.

This is why I hate the fucking internet. This isn't even worth a thread you fucking drooling retard.

What's wrong with speed racer u dum lil shit

Robin Williams. They made a reference to it in that movie where he's a store clerk.

Just let it be. Proper nostalgia ended with the 90s

I hate normalfags like OP

teenage ironic weebs think they are sophisticated because they watched eva + serial experiments lain

That was in 2002. Eva aired in 1995.

That episode aired concurrently with Speed Racer. It wasn't appealing to nostalgia, it was poking fun at a show that was currently airing on the same network.

HE'S GOING OVER THAT CLIFF

Were people bitching about Dexter referencing Speed Racer back then like how modern cartoons reference DBZ and Eva now?

Goku is pretty much the most famous character in anime unless you count Pikachu, and they're still fucking making more of his show, so I don't mind as much if they default to that for a parody, though it is lazy

thats a myth, it was just a random toy they picked up at a store and decided to use as a prop

Well, hum...
Still, the first otakus were nerds who bought imported media from obscure-ass catalogs, and a surprising number of celebrities of the time did that-
Well, hum again...

Speed’s Dead
youtu.be/3wO_BOTRcj8

Attached: Speed’s dead.png (1536x1075, 1.41M)

I destroyed you the first time you posted this insufferable thread pointing out that you’re a worthless zoomer that doesn’t even know speed racer was on Cartoon Network at the time of this episode.