What went right?

What went right?

Attached: E82DC5EB-D3A8-40C8-ABEC-8E48B58C4DFA.jpg (977x713, 597.85K)

- a sense of adventure in most of the episodes
- satirical moments without devolving into irony
- characters that genuinely cared about one another
- a great background score for a syndicated cartoon

Everything. Plus a high budget on Western animation.

Disney afternoon really was a golden age, huh? At least during its early years. Kinda started to fall off near the end of the 90s.

bump

Great source material to draw from

racecars, lasers, airplanes....the list goes on.

It died in the mid 90s. Goof Troop was the decay.

I hate that I missed it. I tried watching a bunch of shows on disney+ but they just don't appeal to me anymore. The animation is excellent though.

Focusing on Donald’s supporting cast and putting Donald in the guest star role.

For me, Bonkers was the decay. But Gargoyles and Aladdin made up for it.

Why everyone hates Bonkers?

Not letting Don Rosa's autism be a hindrance

For a lot of people, the show didn't really have much going for it beyond some quality animation in its pilot (or rather, backdoor origin for Lucky who got swapped into being the first partner because of concerns about Miranda). I've heard people say how Bonkers was just too annoying, though I personally didn't find him to be that bad.

Attached: Miranda sitting.jpg (360x450, 20.12K)

So focusing on Scrooge McDuck as the main character, Donald's nephews as good and naughty nephews and excellent members of the Junior Woodchucks, the right interpretation of Gyro, the introduction of Launchpad and Fenton (Gizmoduck), level villains (Glomgold, Magica, Beagle Boys, El Capitan), good animation, good stories and great adventures and not to mention.

What was bad was too much focus on Webby, Doofus and Bubba, there were moments with too little sweetness, not enough Donald (I know why he wasn't present, but then again they could have had him appear a few more times), some adaptations of Barks comics in Ducktales were bad and Scrooge was too soft.

However, the Ducktales Movie with Gene, Dijon and Merlock turned out to be the best for me. The good thing is that today's kids also like to watch it.

Rip-off of Roger Rabbit.

Goof Troop was pretty good though. Might not have been quite as well-animated as other shows, but it had solid jokes, and was a fun take on Goofy since it took elements from his George Geef years, namely having a kid, and combined it with the bumbling oaf that was generally more preferred of with the character.

Because it actually gave a fuck, remembered to be sincere and wasn't trying to constantly undermine itself because the cynical audience was scared to actually enjoy something that isn't buried in layers of irony.

Disney's basic goal was throw a ton of money at TV animation and make it as good as possible in an effort to dominate television as it was stuck in the Hanna-Barbera/Filmation doldrums as it had been since the '60s.

Basically, they did the complete opposite of modern Disney.

I just miss when people wanted to actually care about stuff. We'd laugh and have fun, and maybe even take a bit of a piss now and again but there was always that emotional heart at the center.

A proper sense of scale and atmosphere for the adventures they went on. Caves were dark and castles were dingy and spooky. Dangers felt dangerous because they animated things like rolling boulders in perspective instead of tweening an asset where it's painfully obvious. The stories were pretty basic stuff, but at least the show felt committed to them. It also didn't hurt that the show had a bigger budget than anything before it on TV. It's so crazy to me that Disney, having been on the ropes and fighting off a takeover attempt in the 80s, shelled out the money for this lush animation. Compared to now, where they have more money than God and are easily the largest multimedia entertainment company in the world, and their shows are reduced to praying that Mercury Filmworks can make them look good.

Caring about stuff costs money.