Rick and Morty

OK... While it was always fair to assume Rick came from a different reality than the one that ended up crawling with Cronenbergs, why did they canonise this backstory? The bug stated Rick couldn't alter memories and Rick pointed out that he just made this backstory up, that premise of what it really was is what served as the foundation for how he was able to take over his body and thus escape, his escape plan wouldn't have worked if it was real. But then they decide that it pretty much was real, the only detail to differ being that Rick didn't go after Rick Prime right away. The only way this makes any sense is if all Rick needed to do was fabricate the origin of the portal formula, which is still contradicts what was being said about the concept of memories being unalterable. I could have accepted aspects of the season 3 story being correct, like Rick meeting an alternate version of himself or Beth getting killed in childhood, but not the entire thing minus one detail.

Attached: loli beth.png (1280x719, 1.11M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RecdrgB-Odc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sometimes the truth is the best lie. Rick used a real memory which he slightly altered.

I don't fequent Any Forums. Do you guys have Rick and Morty generals? Or pre-episode threads?

How come Diane is dead in every other universe? Did rick prime kill them all to? Did he kill his own Diane?

It also might've been just how he remembered it, or liked to remember it. In his memory, he seemed to win his argument with Prime easily, and immediately went on the hunt after his family's murder. His memories were sugar coated versions of the truth, where his argument appeared to be more heated, and he apparently spent weeks-months wallowing in grief before actually getting up and doing something.

he didn't alter it, he merely bended the truth.

They didn't plan any of it and they basically just forgot

The alteration is what rick did after his beth died. Instead of instantly making a portal gun. He went to the hospital, drank and mopped around for a couple months, made a fake Diane to haunt him and then made portal fluid.

the best way to hide a lie (in this case, the code that would hack the system) is by covering it in a bigger truth

I don't give two shits giving this series continuity is a big fucking mistake.

Fuck you

Bump, would like a stream for the episode as well

>Uuuuhhh what if da Bad Rick and the Good Rick and thats how da backstowwy and why Rick is so -

BLOW IT OUT YOUR ASS
ONLY LOSERS CARE ABOUT THIS

shame there isnt art of young beth

The only other instance of something similar to this that I know of is in assassination classroom, where the fake backstory told by the apprentice assassin later turned out to be the octopus' actual backstory (reusing visuals and everything). There it works better because you have an unreliable narrator lying to you about his past but then a bunch of arcs later you have the main character reveal his past and it just so happens to be what the previous character used as a lie.

I'm gonna go with that rick used the true backstory but altered it to fit the bug's narrative. In reality I think they couldn't come up with a better backstory so they just grabbed the fake one and polished the details to make it the actual backstory, but it's what's canon now so I'll try to defend the writing
>A) the bugs could scan the "waves" of ricks memories in real time, but not the actual info in them, so in order to trick them long enough that they were really in a memory, he fabricated a scenario with similar waves (so a slightly altered version of his real backstory) so that they couldn't know they were still in the shoney's
>B) rick is not very creative (he hates naming things) so his fake backstory was just a modified version of his real one
>C) maybe he couldn't use active thinking while being scanned and all of it was more of a subconscious thing, so to make a fake memory he could only take bits from things that were already in his brain (this assumes he already had the hijack code memorized)

Kind of a tangent but didn't shadman draw her at some point? If not that guy then at least SOME drawthread drawfag did because I distinctly remember loli beth nipples hidden under spoilers

Boy I sure hope someone got fired for that blunder.

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 693.26K)

t. writer for giant sperm episode

Isn't that the show that totally btfo Johnny Depp?

No this is from the one that was actually funny sometimes.

They made it explicitly clear in the Rickshank Redemption behind-the-scenes video that Rick's backstory was meant to be a troll and that it being real would be a betrayal of his character. What made them backpedal on everything they said?
youtube.com/watch?v=RecdrgB-Odc

Who knows if she’s dead in every other universe? Not sure if the creators ever confirmed that or not but I read somewhere that most Ricks simply abandoned their families of their own free will. That’s the reason why our Rick (c-137) is so unique. He chose to
stick around his family and turned down Prime Ricks offer. Unfortunately he paid for it dearly as we all know.

>filename

Attached: Untitled-1.jpg (407x450, 53.3K)