Zoomer here, I grew up on x-men evolution and wolverine and the x-men so I never saw the x-men of the 90s...

Zoomer here, I grew up on x-men evolution and wolverine and the x-men so I never saw the x-men of the 90s. Any boomers here watch it recently? does it still hold up and is it worth a watch?

Attached: file.png (1200x676, 570.03K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/sAkL2-vh2Sk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I still like it, but I'll be the first to admit that it's at least 50% because of nostalgia. It holds up well enough if you enjoy that era of X-Men specifically and don't mind that it gets pretty corny at times, but beyond that it's mostly just mediocre. It's certainly not a bad cartoon, but there are multiple cartoons from that era that are much better. The dialogue is pretty poor a lot of the time, the storylines are mostly just worse, shortened and dumbed down versions of existing comic storylines, and a lot of the villains come across as dumb as fuck. Especially stuff like the Sentinels just don't come across as a credible threat at all. The few times where it dares to get a bit more serious with the story is where it shines IMO, but it's mostly just another saturday morning cartoon, cheap entertainment to keep the kids glued to the tube.

The opening tune is still GOAT though.
youtu.be/sAkL2-vh2Sk

It has it's awkward and funny moments, but overall it's a very good show.

Attached: 1658254625794382.jpg (462x432, 123.31K)

Knowing this new series is a direct continuation of the '90s series (whose theme song has been alluded to in several recent MCU projects), yeah; I'd say it's worth a watch.

Attached: Jake Castorena Rogue.jpg (2048x1152, 519.26K)

I really enjoy the X-men so I suppose I will watch it or atleast keep it on in the background if it really is that mediocre

>mfw watching the Dr Strange multiverse movie and it plays a slowed down version of the 90s theme when Xavier comes on screen

Like I said it's a good watch if you like that era of the X-Men. I wouldn't recomment it to someone on the merits of the show itself but if you already like the X-Men it's worth watching, even if the quality isn't always there.

Attached: cheeky bastard.jpg (533x404, 48.89K)

if anything the fucking theme song, and professor x jobbing and screaming is worth watching

This was hype as fuck yo, why'd everyone hate the movie again?

Attached: Doctor.Strange.in.the.Multiverse.of.Madness.2022.IMAX.720p.WEB.h264-KOGi.mkv_snapshot_01.08.18_[2022.06.28_20.42.10].jpg (1280x1024, 60.65K)

Rogue's ass.

No it wasnt

Muties are never worth a watch. Except my mugga Gambit.

>mfw I heard the theme and had no idea Xavier was even going to be in the movie

Attached: 1364480518971.jpg (352x338, 108.24K)

“Boomer” doesn’t just mean “anyone older than me”, dumb fuck.

words change throughout time retardio get with the program

Yea I agree with the others in that it's really awkward and the animation sucks but it definitely has a charm. I love how the show feels it's more important to stick to the tone and plots of the comics than makes sense. I perfect X-Men adaptation in that it's a beautiful mess of continuity, time travel, retcons and nonsense.

It's one of those irony things.
You know. "Just pretending to be retarded."

Look, I'm going to be the first to say it: Spider-Man The Animated Series was the superior 90s Marvel cartoon.

Attached: f32878b29986dfc95df9c0c4820c6ad5.jpg (1221x905, 86.75K)

It started meaning that the moment old people started calling anyone younger than themselves millennial and then zoomer.

not for someone like you.
It's chaotic and silly, just over the top but back then the x men we're the Avengers.

Correct!

Attached: SwiggitySwooty.jpg (720x544, 66.96K)

I never once got to see the ending of any Spider-Man episodes because it aired on Sundays and Sunday school started at a time that forced me to go at the last commercial break. I thought I'd finally watch through it now but I got fucking nauseous from the pace of it. It might as well be called Spider-Man: The ADD Series.

>why hi there sugah

Attached: Rogue - DeathFeniks.jpg (1024x724, 116.22K)