Any Forums Horror

Fall is on it's way. Come get comfy in this gloomy thread. Share what horror related comics & cartoons you know of, or lurk and reminiscence. Ghosts, ghouls, skeletons, and Halloween-related specials are welcome.

Attached: The Goon.jpg (419x673, 50.54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XbsDvGtTRWU
youtube.com/watch?v=zr_Ta6NS3-g
youtube.com/watch?v=X-0vZeaIrFg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: Hellboy.jpg (731x950, 198.44K)

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina
Witch Doctor

Amazing Screw On Head from Mike Mignola, creator of Hellboy. A TV show pilot was pitched, but was never picked up. It's available to watch online and easy to find:
youtube.com/watch?v=XbsDvGtTRWU

Attached: Screw On Head.jpg (1013x1110, 212.8K)

The Crimson Cage is fucking great

Haven't read much of Spawn, but I suppose I might get around to watching the animated series eventually. Soul Calibur II was probably my first exposure to him.

Attached: Spawn.jpg (1987x3056, 1.51M)

Batman: The Long Halloween isn't necessarily a horror centric story and doesn't take place entirely on Halloween, but it's dark and grimy enough and at least starts around Halloween. There's also an animated film adaptation.

Attached: Batman Long Halloween.jpg (1191x1920, 505.14K)

Can't recommend The Goon enough. Vaguely 1930s-esque setting with creatures inspired by B-movie horror. It's really pulpy stuff. There's been an attempt at a film adaptation in the works forever, it seems like it's finally picking up steam again, but it'll be uncertain until it's actually released. Here's some test footage that was made when they were trying to find funding for the film:
youtube.com/watch?v=zr_Ta6NS3-g

Attached: The Goon.jpg (534x712, 74.38K)

Everyone already knows Scooby-Doo, but if for some reason you haven't seen The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo, this is your reminder to give it a try. It's probably the closest in tone to those first 3 Scooby-Doo movies made in the late 80s when all the spooky stuff was real for the time-being. There's some really nice backgrounds and artwork in this show.

Attached: Befuddle Manor.png (1430x2596, 2.9M)

Can't recommend those Jack Kirby/Joe Simon horror comics from the '50s enough - essential if you're into the classic Universal and Hammer movies.

Attached: Image-93.jpg (1925x2580, 951.48K)

Thanks user, I'll give it a shot. The 1933 Invisible Man is one of my favorite films. I rarely hear Jack Kirby mentioned outside of capeshit, so this'll be interesting.

I've only seen Any Forums talk about it
Which says a lot since Any Forums hardly talks about comics

There's a manga adaptation of H.P. Lovecraft's At the Mountains of Madness that's actually pretty good and speeds up some of slow buildup from the original story. I don't know if this one counts being that it's a manga, but whatever, the story originates from the West and it can make for an accessible transition for weebs to get into comics or Lovecraft's work.

Attached: Mountains of Madness.jpg (640x956, 321.59K)

Gou Tanabe's done a few other Lovecraft adaptions that are good as well - The Temple in particular.

Sometimes I wish Over the Garden Wall was picked up as just another cartoon series, it didn't need an ending. There's also a comic series that has some of it's own stories showing that it could've had a bit more potential. If you liked the miniseries at all check it out. Here's the pilot that was used when it was pitched as a TV show:
youtube.com/watch?v=X-0vZeaIrFg

Attached: Over the Garden Wall.jpg (982x1530, 107.01K)

Are there any Fall or Halloween-related cartoons you watch every year or come back to? I never did much myself, but I kind of miss having TV stations that would replay certain shows every year. It was kind of nice to have them on in the background of a party. Horror movie marathons were usually more popular. It's kind of disappointing Halloween animation isn't as prevalent as Christmas, but whatever, there's still a decent chunk of shows that had Halloween themed episodes.

Attached: Halloween is Grinch Night.jpg (1199x888, 167.11K)

cartoon network forced me to watch this shit every year

Attached: cursed.jpg (353x498, 51.73K)

Kino

Nice thread.

Give Kirby's Demon a chance if you like those Universal films

I really don't like how this guy draws people.

This is pretty good

Attached: WOGcvrmockup-667x1024.jpg (667x1024, 159.87K)

Wat