You ever wonder what happened to Rick and Morty? >Sometimes. But, I'm ashamed to admit, now that they're gone...

>You ever wonder what happened to Rick and Morty? >Sometimes. But, I'm ashamed to admit, now that they're gone, I'm finally happy.
Why was Season 1 Jerry playing the victim card with Morty?

Attached: 080783C3-374C-4634-BC4B-37021B0B6840.png (1600x1067, 1.12M)

He's a white male. Its kind of what they do.

What a douche

Because it's obvious Morty and Rick were the ones that ruined the world.

So like everyone else?

Jerry assumed only Rick was responsible, not Morty.

kek likely coming from one of the protected designated victim class that's rich

The fact that Morty disappeared with Rick infers his shared guilt. Doesn't help that he reappeared later, healthy and safe, with a new sister just for the sake of sight-seeing.

Jerry knows better than anyone that Rick pretty much rules over Morty and influenced his decisions. Jerry can’t expect a 14 year old kid to make the right decisions under those circumstances.

The guy literally was a victim, though.
He was left behind in a world of horrible monsters, then had his son come back and explain that it was his fault this happened, only to then kill off what was left of his family in his pursuit of Rick.

Rick and Morty took away EVERY from this man.

Surely you could've waited until morning to post bait?

He could have made the right decision why he came back. His decision was to leave because he only stopped by for an "I told you so."

And what would’ve been the right decision for Morty to do in that situation? Jerry wanted Morty to stay in cronenberg world and kill the other version of Summer.

Its morning somewhere in the world.

He could have come back to unfreeze them, offered them a place in C131. Morty was so detached from them, he didn't even think of them as his family any more.

This, he lost everything he ever had and survived and became a better man, only to be shot dead meaninglessly by yet another Rick. Having no use for the ""son"" who abandoned the entire family to a rotting hellworld without a second thought was a completely reasonable response - it's only a problem to Morty's narcissistic self-absorbtion that figure he'd want to play a fucking BOARD GAME to make up for it all. Fuck that kid, fuck the Ricks, Season One Jerry was a hero.

Why didn’t Jerry just leave using the portal gun

How is he honestly a better person? Even he doesn’t think that.

He destroyed it because he had already grown comfortable living in cronenberg world and didn’t want Morty to leave.

Because a true man sticks by his woman

If he’s comfortable there why is he bitching about being left there

Take the man he became and give him a portal gun, he could have done well at that point. He dropped old Jerry completely and did what he needed to do to survive. I mean it's a cartoon, but the bundle of neurotic garbage that was S1 Jerry was gone.

Jerry doesn't have it in him/too much of a conscience to just abandon the world, find a new one, and pretend nothing happened. That's why he didn't want a new life, like Summer and Beth were replaceable accessories.

He was given one, he broke it on purpose because it smelled of Rick. Also just because he’s alive doesn’t make him a better person than before.

Acceptance. He said that he felt that his life was perfect in his world after refusing Morty’s offer to leave that dimension.

>Jerry doesn't have it in him/too much of a conscience to just abandon the world, find a new one, and pretend nothing happened. That's why he didn't want a new life, like Summer and Beth were replaceable accessories.
But he could have taken them with him with the portal gun

Morty learned that his mother and sister died and the first thing he suggests doing is playing a board game with the father he abandoned.
Morty is a complete sociopath in this scene.

Attached: 1655320735506.png (374x311, 128.26K)

He’s desensitized to death at this point considering all he’s seen.

Then he shouldn’t be mad if he actively chose to stay in that place

He's mad because his life was ruined and his son didn't care, because it "improved" him. He chose to stay because no other Earth will bring back the family he lost.

He stays in that world despite how much he has suffered in it because in his own twisted mind he might think that pain keeps him strong. He doesn’t want to go back to being the cowardly and spineless Jerry from season 1, so no matter how much he might not like living in cronenberg world he accepted that it was where he belonged and was the only place where, in his eyes, he could be a real man.

>The line where Morty suggested that Jerry "turned out for the better" just because he thought this Jerry was cool.
Imagine if your own son treated you like that. Morty is lucky to be alive.

I’m taking about before in season 3 when he smashes the portal gun while his family is still alive just to spite rick

I'd spit in Morty's face too. I'd remain a reminder that his morals are disgusting. None of this shit is fine just because you can go to another reality.

honestly seeing Jerry call out Morty for his callous attitude was refreshing. Every other character just passively accepts the sociopathic nature of the Rick and Morty universe but Cronenberg Jerry is maybe the first character to say "fuck you my dead family actually did matter."