Enjoyment

Enjoying things seems to be a taboo on this board (and many others). Why is that?

Attached: 171717171717171712612344.png (841x430, 356.62K)

Life isn't supposed to be enjoyable

Life's too short to be miserable all the time user.

>Life's too short
As far as I can tell most anons seem to feel the opposite is true

And they want us to be as miserable as them. Misery loves company as they say.

Any Forums likes to hate things and shitpost.

What in the absolute fuck is that file name? That can't be random. Why did you do that user?!

If I'm saving files from other sites I just type numbers. If I save pics from Any Forums, I usually just save them as the number that pops up.

Common misconception among new users.
If you get 10 people together, it's not too difficult to find something they all enjoy.
As the number of people who are together under a similar genre interest increases, the odds of finding something that they all enjoy decreases. It's really that simple.
Any Forums has a lot of people. If you post a topic about a particular comic, cartoon or whatever else have you you're almost guaranteed to find someone who doesn't like it.

Is that really all that hard for you to believe?

>Common misconception among new users.
Been here for a long time and lately, last year or so, all I see is rage bait threads, outrage threads, etc etc.
>dislike it
There's disliking a cartoon/comic/character then sitting in a thread for hours shitting on it all and derailing threads.

>all I see is rage bait threads, outrage threads, etc etc.
Rage provides a dopamine rush, anons are literally addicted to being angry

Attached: 1418829113944.jpg (500x423, 80.07K)

They became the very thing they hated, didn't they?

>sitting in a thread for hours shitting on it all
Negative opinions whether hyperbolic or not is still conversation and discussion. No matter how vitriolic, it's still discussion.
Nothing against you at all, but that's the nature of the free exchange of ideas and opinions. Some people have strong opinions both for and against things. So you can expect to see them fairly regularly.

How frequently you see these things I cannot comment on with any degree of certainty. Observer bias and confirmation bias could play a role, but to what degree I can't be sure of. It's possible it's been happening more likely lately, but I'd be speculating if I said how often I thought it was happening.

Is it bothering you?

>its still discussion
I'd hesitate to call it that but do you, I guess.
>How frequently you see these things
In almost any thread about a show I like, a comic I like, or a character I like.
I usually just hide the posts and ignore them though, but it gets old real fast ya know?

it's only enjoying bad things that are taboo
get some fucking good taste and get over it when someone points out the flaws in the thing you like

>You like X?
>I hate X
>You have bad taste!
>You don't like X?
>I love X.
>YOU HAVE BAD TASTE
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn

That’s weird. You’re weird.

>I'd hesitate to call it that
I'm sorry but by definition, any opinion expressed while on topic is discussion of the topic by definition. You can argue whether or not that's productive, or a discussion you don't like. Or one that's not necessarily high quality. Those are subjective. But it is discussion nonetheless. Objectively.
>In almost any thread about a show I like, a comic I like, or a character I like.
Of course. With as many unique IPs as Any Forums gets, are you really surprised to learn that someone hates the things you like?
I can understand that seeing that kind of negativity must be tiring or frustrating, but it's part of the human experience, user. You have to understand that people are going to hate things you enjoy.

Indeed.

Attached: perfumastare.jpg (1280x720, 70.98K)

Oh trust me I understand it plenty. What I don't understand is the need to seethe. The drive to sit in a thread about something you hate and just shit on the floor and scream for everyone to see.
Literally no different than someone on Twitter demanding a user be banned instead of just muting or blocking them.
You can hide threads. Did you know that?
You know what I do when I see a show/comic/character I'm not particularly interested in? I hide it.
Hell I even hide threads about shit I like because surprise surprise its another goddamn bait thread.

>What I don't understand is the need to seethe.
Some people need a healthy outlet to express their frustration. Anonymous imageboards can be a surprisingly good place for that kind of outlet. You don't have to worry about pissing someone off to the point where they hold a grudge against you for it because you're anonymous. If I wanted to express how much I loathed a particular cartoon, I could possibly find some kind of feeling of being vindicated if I find other people with a similar opinion. Positive opinions of media are not the only valid ones, and if you find something you absolutely hate to death, it can feel cathartic to express that opinion in a relatively constructive format where it's relatively safe to do so.
Personally, I've found that getting into such arguments isn't very productive or beneficial to my well being, so I avoid such arguments typically as in my experience I find it's generally fruitless.

But with all that said, I'm more comfortable in an environment that is more lenient and permissive with what posts and opinions can be expressed than one that's more restrictive.
As you said though, gotta do you. Sorry if that's not very helpful, but I thought maybe it might help shed some light on the subject.