MCU THREAD

I think there's enough material to open up a wide variety of discussion. Here are some talking points:
>Biggest achievements and most wasted potential?
>Best and worst costumes?
>Best and worst protagonists/antagonists?
>Can current/future MCU projects ever gain the highs of pre-Endgame content?
>Should all just end?

Attached: Iron Man MK85 Endgame.jpg (2048x2732, 2.29M)

KYS

After you, illiterate tranny. This isn't a wank thread, you are free to talk shit on the MCU as much as you desire. Discussion means all points of view.

>Biggest achievements
killed traditional cinema which is a good thing

>most wasted potential?
That we never got the Iron Reign storyline.
I wanted to see norman beating the shit outta Tony and chasing him across the world as he degenerates and has to downgrade to his Mark I suit.

>most wasted potential
Hulk
All the Villains
no

>>> most wasted potential?
Civil War by far
Done way way way too early

I'm going to play devil's advocate and say Hulk was sort of hopeless from the start. With Universal Pictures owning the distribution rights, it extremely limited what Disney could do with the character. With no solo film possible, he became a side character and regulated to cheap comedy relief besides generic muscle.

I'd wager the bigger waste overall was Thor. When Marvel Studios doesn't know what to do with a concept/character, they fall back on silliness. Thor got worse with each appearance because of such poor writers room practices. Hell Thor started out as ancient aliens bullshit that later became "Fuck it, I guess its magic or whatever".

Attached: Thor Odinson Classic.jpg (1209x1500, 239.05K)

They should have gone with Bucky as Cap. Anthony Mackie ain't carrying shit and with Boseman gone and Hemsworth delivering diminishing returns he and Bendy Dick are all they got.

Best costume? The Ant-Man suit from the first movie

I'm going to go out on a limb here and tempt Any Forums's wrath with this statement: the MCU did Falon Cap better than the comics because there's actual progression/torch passing in film narrative, and it's something I actually buy in this context. Don't get me wrong, F&WS show was BORING crap (which some argue was due to last minute rewrites due to COVID), but I don't know, there's something endearing about a regular guy like Sam trying to fill Steve's big shoes. What's more, seeing him make up for his limitations not being a super soldier by using gadgets is kind of cool. But I'm still not sure about him as a lead role yet, I'd have to see New World Order first. But I totally get wanting to see Bucky as Cap. I think I have art of that, hold on.

I'll also say Jane Thor was done better than the comic version (not that it's hard to do). The context here of her getting powers, and not undoing her chemotherapy was actually done okay despite being in a shitty movie. Plus shatter Mjolnir having shotgun blast attacks was a neat feature.

Attached: Captain America Sam Wilson Falcon.jpg (1667x911, 114.77K)

>All the Villains
Nah, Loki, Thanos, Vulture, and Kingpin were decent.

Scott is just one of the better characters all around within the franchise. His suits are great, his powers are creative, and arguably he's one of the best heroes. Hell the only reason why everything turned out okay in the end after The Snap was thanks to him

Attached: Ant Man Concept Art.jpg (873x1200, 185.96K)

So we could have more characters involved? Let's be frank here, the comic story isn't very good to begin with, just well known. While the movie fight was hardly a "war", I at least bought the conflict/debate this time. Comic Civil War was sparked over the stupidest reason ever, and it turned Tony into a straight up supervillain

I know Marvel's always more interconnected than DC, but I wish there were more solo movies of the main founding Avengers. Having Cap, Iron Man, Thor, and Hulk (somehow) become as well-known as the Justice League founders for their 'solo corners' of Cap/Iron/Thor/Hulk-themed plots, villains, supporting cast and heroes, etc. would've been very interesting.

well i guess she is part of the MCU now

Attached: 1646662728567.jpg (4312x2880, 1.2M)

Agreed, Ant-Man is the only character I regularly tune in for now.

Why was his sequel so disappointing though? Was it Ghost? The script? The unfortunate circumstances and limitations of being before Endgame?

Since its now 9/11, isn't a store called "Infinity Cones" incredibly offensive for this universe? This is like if someone made a pancake house themed around the Twin Towers

Attached: rob-brunette-infinityconez.jpg (3000x3000, 1.14M)

I guess it would be all three? Coming right off Infinity War, it definitely feels like a massive step-down. It having a mediocre script doesn't really help, and while Ghost looks cool, she's not really that noteworthy (honestly the schizo one from the comics would've been a lot more fun than the one we got in the movie). It just feels like a filler movie there solely to explain how Ant-Man's going to help in Endgame, like the post credits scene was what was decided on first and the rest of the movie came afterward. Unfortunately, it feels like the next Ant-Man movie is going to be kind of like that too, there solely to set up Kang for the next Avengers movie. Scott's still a fun character all around though, and I enjoy seeing Pym. On that note, it's kinda interesting how none of the Ant-Man movie antagonists are actually Ant-Man antagonists from the comics (Unless I'm missing a point where someone else took over Yellowjacket's suit and became a villain)

Did the general public even know about the infinity stones?

Guy who plays Shang Chi is too onions for me. Imo they should have had Gilgamesh the big east Asian character. Are you telling me you wouldn't pay to see a fat Korean knock the shit out of some aliens with his bare hands?

Yeah. Eddie Brock was told everything by that bartender guy, so apparently it's public knowledge. Can you imagine the government suit going on TV to explain that blip shit?
>"It has been brought to my attention by my credible sources, including Captain Steve Rogers, that the tragedy that has struck our planet was due to an alien threat possessing magic stones."

>Unless I'm missing a point where someone else took over Yellowjacket's suit and became a villain
That became a thing with Darren Cross in the comics, but I'm pretty sure that was after the first movie was out. HIs brother is the current Crossfire

Attached: Yellowjacket Cross.jpg (1041x1600, 508.05K)

>we will never get a West Coast Avengers with Moon Knight, Ant-Man, She-Hulk, Hawkeye, and Vision Blanco

Attached: 26276CCE-96F3-47B3-B7AB-31320394CEDE.jpg (509x613, 147.27K)