Questionable Content

Terrible

Attached: 4871.png (800x1160, 684.94K)

Did Jeph really just make the AI version of the Kaaba?

>Kaaba
Yes user, all cubes are muslim. There's sugar and bullion muslims hiding in your kitchen right now.

Listen, it's a big fuckoff cube and there's literally nothing else here to talk about because it's just waffling about reasons why there's a blank check for anything or everything to be at Cubetown regardless of fiscal cost, logistics, practicality, or scale. It is the complete removal of scenery by replacing it with meaningless noise, fundamentally uninteresting in the same manner as radio static. I'm more interesting in an AI cult building a holy site with no understanding of human notions of religion or ritual than I am in this thin veneer of canonical worldbuilding.

Jeph isn't laying out all this hamfisted worldbuilding for nothing.

I refuse to use the word "impressed" with QC anymore, but that's a passable drawing of Halifax harbor from about 5 miles outside the harbor.

I'd believe that except he tried worldbuilding with Alice Grove and gave up on it.

It's important to always remember that much like the stoner kid who sleeps through class but reliably gets a B- overall, Jeph can actually bust ass and display competency when he tries. He just never tries.

It's an incredi me microcosm of his conceit with this comic. Everyone just succeeds and finds happiness through random circumstance. Recovering alcoholic finds money and love in robot fighting ring. Homely tech girl who loves nerd culture makes millions as a Vtuber. Zany oversexed weed mom who knows nothing about nerd culture does the same. Dark haired side character acts like a total ditz but is secretly brilliant (Willow, Emily, Raven). Our hero lands a job by catching two rich people fucking in the library. He finds the perfect girlfriend who can't get pregnant and has a cock.

Evil Claire wears tight clothes and doesn't tuck.

fuck it I give up
MS Paint is hard and I have a pot of water boiling

Attached: file.png (272x748, 152.36K)

My expectations were low for the shape of taht seabase and they were not met.

Honestly if cubetown had literally any other geometric shape as its central locus it would be much funnier

I recognize that bulge!

Evil Claire is a total bottom who expects you to do all the work.

terrible. this might be worse than the vtuber arc

The idea that high-powered AI are basically acting like venture capitalists throwing money at anyone who has an idea that interest them is a genuinely interesting tidbit, particularly considering Station seems to have something of a cooler opinion.

>turn her into Evil Claire
She was Evil Claire all along. She gaslit her brother into being gay.

So this place is essentially a wacky Cryptoland-style "ahead of their time" think tank?

If Jeph actually wrote drama of any sort, this would be a horrifying experience waiting to happen for Claire and Martin. Like, "Claire gets sexually harassed and almost raped by some super libertarian nerd that seemed to be a big help to them" levels of drama.

I imagine someone is going to be slightly rude and they'll come straight back home.

It's interesting but it feeds into the same unanswered questions about the effect of AI on the world economy. AI are treated as persons insofar as they can own money, enter contracts, be held responsible for actions committed in a court of law, purchase goods, rent property, etc. but the needs and purchasing curve of an AI would be vastly different from a human to say nothing of the differential in productivity of a single human worker and an AI running an entire factory. The entire nature of capital as a concept would be upended. Day trading got exponentially more volatile when faster and faster internet allowed stocks to be traded in fractions of a second, and now there's not just an algorithm that can perform these analyses but a genuine intelligence? The fact that there super-AI which are incredibly wealthy (and explosively so, given the singularity was not long ago in-universe and AI were only around a little while before that) implies some manner of monopolization of non-physical labor either through arbitrage or analysis, but the results of that labor are unseen.

It'd be like if an artist didn't want to deal with the phases of the moon when drawing night skies so they said the moon crashed into Earth offhandedly and never mentioned it. It raises so many more questions than it answers.

Geffy has probably seen oil rigs in Halifax harbor, but what he's drawn is going to sink in the first good North Atlantic storm, especially when built by clueless robots

Attached: oilrigsoff_ns.jpg (1000x652, 171.21K)