How many of these have to flop and be cancelled after one season before Hollywood finally gets the hint

How many of these have to flop and be cancelled after one season before Hollywood finally gets the hint.

Adults want Primal, Invincible and Arcane, not this shit.

Attached: AAAABZfZyMjgZB1YTwmyctlpVDZX9oxTXSyN2zVjeWclnhMBFD99c27RBTqjobTYHa3uuPGp_TE_aSRgVtnYuI81-aSYgupU4B1QT9Wn.jpg (1280x720, 269.28K)

As much as I like those 3, they're either dangerously expensive to produce or more niche than you realise (or both), whereas the myriad of familyguy-esque copypaste shows we get every now and then are cheaper and thus safer.

Just look at how popular bigmouth got, and bigmouth is awful. Making a bunch of these smaller pocket change bets on a reasonable chance to win the 1000$ prize is better for them in the long run than betting all your life savings on a slim chance to win the 10 million prize.

The powers that be in the American animation world decided that if your animated series was going to be directed at an older audience (teens/adults) it must be Simpsons/South Park/Family Guy style comedy most of the time because ANIMATION IS FOR KIDS!

Attached: Jinx and Powder.jpg (773x1200, 97.55K)

quantity over quality.

idk user, I just like funny cartoons.
I guess what if super hero be bad and punch with blood is a fun distraction sometimes I guess.

because simpsons is still going

>Primal, Invincible and Arcane
Two of these are adaptations with an established following, and one the magnum opus of an animation veteran. Companies never take bets on random properties and unfortunately there really isn't anything in comics beside superheroes worth adapting and most big names in animation are more or less content with the status quo.

The funny thing about this show is the guy originally wanted to do live action but no one cared. He had to pitch it as a cartoon to get anything made. I wonder if the show would have been better if it was live-action. It seemed to rely on that kind of humor where it only works to see a live-action person react to the weirdness. Kind of like how Napoleon Dynamite was a great movie but the comedy didn't translate well into an animated series.

>really isn't anything in comics beside superheroes worth adapting
Sandman could be kino if adapted to animation properly.

2pbp

The problem is that, fundamentally, the people making the decisions have no clue what people want. They only have a vague idea of what has worked before.

Kind of like how modern learning AI can only project based on what has already been done before to create 'new' things.

It seems action adult animation is more expensive to produce than animated sitcoms. You can shit out a FG clone on the cheap. Primal and Arcane, not so much.

I definitely want more action shows though. There is a market for it.

You have family guy, the simpsons and (maybe) american dad.
Producers won't look beyond that.

They're too stupid to get the hint.

You know why?

Look at Pantheon. It has many things that adult cartoon seekers want. Sincere, non-comedic writing, horror, non-beanmouth animation, everything.

But not many people want to watch it. The threads only have around 60 participants. Being on an obscure streaming service doesn't help. Fan art is scarce.

The reality is that American adults' disinterest in serious cartoons is deeply embedded in their culture. They deem that animation should be light-hearted.

Attached: Pantheon.S01E01.WEBRip.x264-ION10-0002.png (720x405, 392.13K)

It looks decent, never heard of it before. I might get AMC+ once October rolls around for Halloween movies. Might catch up with this show once I do.

Is it boring?

Because Family Guy and Simpsons continue to be massive successes

If you find a man getting his brain slowly dissected boring, sure

The world is too woke now to do any kind of justice, 2d or otherwise, to Neil Gaiman's works
>t. graphic novel reader and show watcher

to be honest it feels like animation in general will always be seen as a “childish” thing until they make a serious series that appeals to older crowds, like men and especially women over 35+

It's somewhat psychological and philosophical. not really that much, if it was an anime I would say it would be for teens if age the drama down a bit but is up there on the things normies would watch the first 4 episodes and think is boring because no pew pew or explosions.

They tried before but is usually a carbon copy of anime

Maybe because it looks like cheap wannabe anime

Because most people outside of the animation community actually like a lot of those shows. I know tons of normies that unironically love stuff like Brickleberry and Big Mouth.