People must always smile otherwise they think they won't be living in a perfect world

>People must always smile otherwise they think they won't be living in a perfect world.

Attached: TellaJoke.jpg (500x482, 67.86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/search/filename/TellaJoke.jpg/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why do the MCU movies have to be outright action-comedies rather than just straight action movies with a little bit of humour sprinkled through?

this is now a Spider-Man thread

Attached: CEADBAD9-48A8-440E-9BD4-0C98A266EE42.gif (176x176, 213.67K)

This again?

Attached: mfww.png (394x388, 195.66K)

People will stop complaining about problems once said problems stop being relevant.

The philosophy in itself is alright... but as Professor Oak says, there's a time and place for everything...
but not now.

Depending on the context of that serious, heart-wrenching moment, sometimes the right thing to do is to let it play out. To let your audience just fucking feel something for a minute or two. Don't ruin that moment. You'll sour the feeling, lessen the impact and discredit the scene.

Let it hurt.

desuarchive.org/co/search/filename/TellaJoke.jpg/
Shut it.

Attached: sage.jpg (600x763, 62.58K)

No they won't. They'll just invent new "problems" to cry over. Like with this "problem".

>Ruining all tension in a scene isn't a problem.

How is a one liner ruining tension?
I don't know why I'm still replying, you'll just keep baiting instead of actually answering.

le heccin' quiperonis?!

Attached: soyjak-spinning.gif (498x300, 98.49K)

>A quip?
>In my capekino?!
>NOOOOO-

Attached: triggered.gif (498x498, 421.58K)

this but unironically

Because movies aren't real life. The primary motive in movies, tv shows, etc. is to convey a thematic mood that "corrals" viewers towards the director's/author's intended message or desired emotion. The actual real issue with actors and quippy writing nowadays is how very few actors and writers anymore are able to let go of their egos and actually act or write serious dialogue. I genuinely can't remember the last time an actor played a character seriously like Hannibal Lector in Silence of the Lambs or Heath Ledger's Joker. It's why a noticeable amount of sucessful shows and movies over the years often tended to have casts that are classically trained theater actors. In theater, you have to play your character 100% straight, otherwise, you'll ruin the entire live performance. Quips meanwhile, are cheap, overused humor that are equivalent to jump scares in horror. They're too easy to use and low-effort even if they get the desired result. And don't even get me started on how executive suits force writers to use them because they want movies to appeal to the largest amount of people (the lowest common denominator) by not having the audience feel anything uncomfortable too long since modern suits are super risk-adverse nowadays. Quips ruin tension.

The same 10 threads over and over and over

How many times have you made this thread again? Fuck off no one cares.

Attached: 1657736837492.jpg (468x357, 24.05K)

Yes. Quips ruin tension.

NOOOOO MY IMMERSIONNN AHHHH

Attached: le chad of yes.png (680x709, 243.33K)

Yes. You want people to get immersed and not view it through a layer of ironic detachment.

>How is a one liner ruining tension?
They don't, you'll notice it's just people who've barely watched action movies (outside of capeshit and John Wick) saying that they do.