Boomhauer the Texas Ranger

My head cannon is that Boomhauer's job as a Texas Ranger was to monitor Dale Gribble for potential domestic terrorism and dissidency. Because Boomhauer and Dale are lifelong buddies, Boomhauer makes sure nothing bad ever gets written in to Dale's glowie record file.

Attached: i7u8cptctc581.jpg (454x311, 23.16K)

boomhauer is based for doing his job

Attached: 1662512483575620.gif (466x322, 183.52K)

The final seasons were such bullshit with these asspulls.

before this it was only vaguely implied he was an electrician on worker's comp or something right?

Something like that. Though I think at other points it was also suggested he had an inheritance? In any case it was vague and weird since Boomhauer doesn't seem disabled and might actually be the healthiest of the group.

I would assume anyone who talks like that is disabled

What are Texas rangers? Some sort of elite cops?

>Some sort of elite cops?
Basically. They mainly investigate the stuff that's above the local police, but not important enough to call the feds.

As someone from the southern US, that’s just how some southerners talk.

It’s usualky due to prior inbreeding or prior family members being uneducated and their style of speaking ended up being passed on, even to the more educated family members. This sort of comes to light when you listen to how Boomhaur’s mother and grandmother sound when compared to how he and his brother sounds.

Yes they have statewide jurisdiction. They were around when Texas was an independent Republic, its considered a prestigious position. Think of them as the top level law enforcement in Texas, they have the ability to arrest law and government officials.
This wasn't bad, but I'm glad they never aired the episode where it was revealed that like half of episodes were dreamed up by Bill and the whole show takes place over the course of one year.

that makes sense as he doesn't do anything else but to hang out to say he is trying to infiltrate enemy territory and since taxes are paying his job, he can simply report that so far nothing so far has been uncovered so they just let him continue doing his job to the point of maybe the office just lost interest about it but still aren't bothered to check if the payment are still being processed

Pretty much the cream of the crop of Texas law enforcement, they dealt with the commanche indians back in the day when Texas was more of a frontier. I think in order to be a candidate you have to have at least 8 years of law enforcement experience. They have pretty high standards, basically anyone wearing a Texas ranger badge is someone you know not to fuck with

Basically Texas' very own FBI hand-picked from the best law enforcement in the state; they do everything from high-speed-low-drag operating at the border to political corruption and embezzlement.

Other states in the west had (and in some cases still have, in some form) similar organizations, such as the Arizona Rangers, Colorado Rangers, etc.

Wait then why didn’t he investigate Debbi’s death instead of a ranger being sent over

Exactly. All of these vague cover stories are fronts for his undercover Texas Ranger job monitoring potential enemy of the state Dalr Gribble?

It would have blown his deep undercover job handling Dale.

I thought it was silly too until I moved to Tennessee and ran into a guy who talked exactly like this and I was the only fucker who couldn't understand him

Isn't that what state police are normally for?

That's Rusty Schackleford

The easiest explanation for me is that he just changed jobs later in the show.

Boomhauer makes sense. I'm from CA and can understand everything he says.