Just read Treasure Island. Gonna watch Treasure Planet now. Will compare

Just read Treasure Island. Gonna watch Treasure Planet now. Will compare

Attached: 1662506379516431.jpg (736x868, 49.14K)

You'll...Have a lot to go over

Nice blog, no one cares

Not really, it's a 95 minute movie.

Attached: 01f819cb7c1b141308deeaee2f25e8c1.jpg (640x960, 74K)

what’s Any Forums‘s opinion on Treasure Planet?
was easily one my favorite movies when it came out and holds up well today

I watched it all the time on dvd as a kid. I liked it. I love that cool sci fi historical fusion it did

Attached: 1662598824846651.jpg (1280x708, 43.72K)

The setting is badass but besides the wholesome pirate dad relationship, the movie has a very generic plot.

I love the "sci-fantasy" atmosphere of it. I especially remember how the moon really is a crescent and there's a city sitting on the inside curve.

thats no moon, thats a space station

its based on treasure island, a book that normalized the modern image of pirates so hard, its the reason why everything inside is generic

I am also reading Treasure Island and will afterwards watch the 1988 Soviet film, a 1965 animeTV special, and a 1978 anime TV series.

I think I'm most looking forward to the series as it apparently has a lot of original material to bring an adapation of a short book up to a 26 episode series.

Tentacle Amelia.

I can see why they didn't go with this design, it would be a pain to animate.

Attached: amelia-octo-1.jpg (594x861, 149.24K)

Also probably because the cat design was cuter

Movie that got shafted because of the subpar ad campaign.
But that out-of-context, no-music zoom in on Crescentia as the very first footage you see of it? Memorable.

Nah, that tentacle one is better.

Cat Amelia is now a sex icon. If she was a squid, it would've been interesting but not as long lasting

The 1978 anime has left a big impression on me

She’s a fairly generic cat girl, not really iconic. A squid would’ve been more unique and would stand out more, I feel. Plus I think twi’leks somewhat prove that tentacle girls have lasting appeal.

Its OK the CGI is a little dated.

I meant in differences to the book, dawg

Some of the adaptations are better than the book. Get Shrek'd, bibliophiles.

Watch black sails too