''In the 2000s, animation was going through a rough patch''

''In the 2000s, animation was going through a rough patch''

What the fuck is Enter going on about?

youtube.com/watch?v=juQWcLO-LEQ (2.34)

Attached: Enter_Photo_2021.png (960x720, 693.81K)

idk but every time someone refers to the 2000s as the "dark ages" of animation, I can't helo but feel that they must like soi shit like Adventure Time and Steven Universe so their opinion is invalid. If the 2000s were the dark ages, then the 2010s were the pitch black ages.

Not clicking, buy some ads.

Probably mostly referring to CN Real and Disney not having many good movies besides Lilo and Stitch (and of course Pixar stuff). I don’t know what the ratio of good to bad cartoons were but a good number of my favorites are from the 2000s.

For a good portion of the cartoon community that grew up in the late 90s-early 2000 the shift around 2004-2005 was seen as a low period with shows like My Gym Partners A Monkey, or Coconut Fred and a bunch of other forgettable shit. Not to say there weren't liked shows but compare the line up of CN in 2000 vs 2005. There was a perceived drift towards more loud obnoxious characters doing jackass things vs the previous era more based around slapstick or drama.
This got worse in many peoples minds by like 2008 as a nadir period when live action had completely overwhelmed what cartoons their were Nick was just midseason's of spongebob and I Carly, CN was going through its "real" phase and Disney just had like Phineas and Ferb which again was overlooked because the people complaining grew out of cartoons for a while, until Adventure Time came out.
Again these were mostly the kids that grew up with 90s-early 2000s stuff and they mostly grew out of it or that tastes in the cultures changed and they hated it since they weren't the ones being catered to anymore. Then they got over it around 2010 and were able to take that new crop of shows better as the tastes had changed again into a less version of what they grew up with.

Attached: d367miw-27e89cdf-8782-48c6-9d27-17e6b0673313.jpg (700x725, 74.43K)

Also although most of the videos are now gone I distinctly recall people like brawlmaster 08 and really early rebel taxi being good examples of the mindset. These day enter is the only one carrying the torch of this old mindset.

Naughties had Flapjack, so they were AOK in my book

Attached: file.png (600x337, 356.27K)

There was some meh forgettable yet oddly high spec stuff like that Squirrel Boy show and the gym monkey show. All that money from the 90s going into, maybe not trash fires, but there were some leaky Bunsen burners in that pile.

I liked
Moville Mysteries
Tutenstein
Growing Up Creepie
The Buzz on Maggie
Oggy and the Cockroaches
ChalkZone
My Gym Partner is a Monkey

Attached: file.png (302x320, 168.5K)

Mr.Enter is going to have his underdog arc and end up being the most influential figure in modern animation, quote me on this future generations

And I liked most of those also. But for those of us who grew up with them we will be the forgotten animation generation as our seniors and our juniors are much more aligned in taste and structure in their shows. So our shows will just softly fade way only to be recalled as vague memories as years of animation are written off.

It was the beginning of the end, yeah. We're at the apocalypse.

Okay, but no one can deny that there was no longer solid blocks of great cartoons on neither Disney, CN, or Nick. Want to watch a good cartoon? Flip the television on during the golden age and you could find anything you wanted. Want to watch original PPG, Dexter's Lab, Coward? It's all on. How about flipping the TV on to Invader Zim, Fairly Oddparents or Spongebob in it's prime?

You haven't been able to do that for decades, so no, it wasn't because people like Mr. Enter "aged out" so they're jaded. It's the exact opposite. He's cursed with knowing what those networks could be if they actually tried and it's always in the back of your mind when you see the shit they greenlight now.

Try to turn on CN and tell me about the wonderful variety you have. It has nothing to do with growing up or a change in tastes and cultures. It's just laziness and zoomers will defend anything for some reason. Maybe it's a consumer culture they've accepted and they're content with foreign animation like anime. It's why they can't make or produce anything good.

>billy and mandy
>fosters home
>invader zim
>teen titans
>samurai jack
>chowder
>avatar: the last airbender
>My Life as a Teenage Robot
those are just off the top of my head

anyone who thinks the early 2000s were a "cartoon dark ages" is pants-on-the-head retarded.

Attached: 00924e27d2daa068afaf47eb660cb1c9d2ba8a9490ae0309b1acb036d62ce679.png (862x603, 431.29K)

Half of those were cancelled too early

>he doesn't remember CN real

>created Tiny Toons
>created Animaniacs
>co-created Batman the Animated Series
>wrote Pup Named Scooby Doo and 13 Ghosts
>created Pinky and the Brain
>created Freakazoid
>created Road Rovers
>created Histeria
>21st century starts
>creates nothing and fades away in obscurity
This imo is a big reason to why 2000s was a bad period for cartoons. Many 90s creators didn’t make cartoons in the new Millennium.

Attached: 69D43F48-9099-4ED7-B8A8-12993B41044E.png (1280x720, 1.32M)

I don't know his age, but people born in the late 80s, watched a lot of reruns from that decade apart from the 90s shows, then if you were born in the 85, in the 2000s you were a teenager and anime shows were more mature and you didn't care about cartoons anymore, that's why we had things like Teen Titans and Avatar trying to compete with anime

Then the 2010s came and most shows focused on lore, a thing grown ups love.
Also mlp happened

2004-2011 was an animation dry spell on mainstream television.

The shows that are popular from that time are remembered for a reason. They were the ONLY things worth watching. Cartoon Network actually tried going live action in the late 2000s before being saved by Regular Show and Adventure Time.

>If the 2000s were the dark ages, then the 2010s were the pitch black ages.
What is the 2020s?

Why do faggots always forget American Dad? That was a 2005 show and is still ongoing.

Mr enter needs to enter the fucking barber's