You're telling me this guy a doctor?

You're telling me this guy a doctor?

Attached: dr.jpg (1000x749, 157.21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8H3ryUAgyBk
youtube.com/watch?v=I_Pd1Zz-oc8&ab_channel=CraigBotes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

he actually does doctor things in both the book and movie
he takes his hippocratic oath seriously, in fact, as he gives treatment to the pirates

>smart guy is also the strong guy
I like this trope

You're telling me this guy a meme?

In the book he's both the local Doctor and Magistrate.

Crazy russian doctor

Most chad doctor ive ever seen

Why is soviet bloc animation so weird and god tier because of its strangeness?

In the book the line is "the name of rum for you is death".

you're only saying that probably because of his looks
he's pretty scrawny in every other adaption

Attached: livesey.png (640x480, 236.63K)

He also does chad things, like getting a knife-wielding pirate to back down just by promising to see him hang, just skipping over the part where he'd have to disarm and capture him as if it were certain.

I like both desu, the guy fought in wars and doctors back then were expected to hold their own in battle either on ship or on land should they need to.

Just going to listen guy's belly

Attached: Screenshot_2022-09-07_065408.jpg (1080x798, 171.62K)

youtube.com/watch?v=8H3ryUAgyBk

He's still alive too!

Wholesome, he still sounds as happy as ever

The '73 cartoon made Trelawney the boisterous one

Attached: s-l400.jpg (400x251, 30.28K)

Doctors and medicine have come a long way since the 18th Century.

amazing how marvel managed to fuck it up

It’s surprising to me how many people in the new generation don’t know what Treasure Island is and are just learning of the story now thanks to this meme. I guess there really hasn’t been much major mainstream exposure for it in recent history outside Treasure Planet in 2002 and that’s almost 20 years ago now.

That's in line with the book. Livesey and Trelawney are both tough guys but Trelawney is naive and stupid while Livesey is thoughtful and clever. The Soviet version seems to have made Trelawney dumpy and dull as a contrast to the gigachad version of Livesey.

People now a days don't read books, they read tweets

What about the Australian movie? youtube.com/watch?v=I_Pd1Zz-oc8&ab_channel=CraigBotes

Gigachad Livesey vs Orson Welles Silver, who wins?

treasure island was so successful in popularizing the modern version of pirates and all pirate tropes that its hard to read the original without it looking just like its imitators

its like citizen kane
its hard to watch for a modern audience because all of its groundbreaking contributions are now standard issue

Are there many famous works of literature that kids do know nowadays, beyond just "oh yea I heard of it once"? Aside from Shakespeare I guess since that's probably still quasi-mandatory in schools