ITT We make an 80s cartoon concept made to sell toys

Let's put together the basic ingredient that other series had in common to ensure the potential success of that one.

Let's make a hero.
Add some faithful allies,
And a cunning villain that sears he will win another day!

Attached: He-Man-Masters-Universe-profile-2[1].jpg (500x604, 51.91K)

Perhaps we should start with the protagonist(s)

For sure, it would be a tall man with mucles worthy of an action movie star, with a pure heart fighting for good.

What could we do to make him special?

Attached: HZPzdI4S_080321150252lola[1].jpg (1170x857, 438.69K)

Don't forget that we're trying to save money in the process, so all the males should share a basic body type, as well as all the females. We can hide the similarities with plastic equipment and different body colors.

Ironically, what could make the protag special is that he looks the most normal of the lot

have his bottom half mechanical and modular

I like this thread concept. Keep going!

Just make a cartoon version of Knight Rider.

Attached: url(15).jpg (2560x1920, 1006.36K)

The 2nd character, lancer, should be the opposite in regards to the hero. If the hero is an orphan, then make this guy have siblings and parents.

Got an idea for a henchman villain: Hole Hog/Hog-Maw

Imagine a mix of Trapjaw from He Man and Bebop from TMNT. A brutish barbarian, dumb and only serving evil to fill his belly.

I could see him sporting rocket boots

I’ve been rewatching LoTR recently, and we could use the concept of missing king, with the regeant being at the head of the Resistance against the Dark Lord.

The Regeant and his son (Lancer) are happy to concede the throne to the true king, but the brother of the Regeant, who has been fighting at the front for years is against it. He sees the protagonist as an usurper, and one who would take all the merits for his years of sacrifice.

The brother joins the enemy as the tactician WARMASTER!

He’s also a conniving backstabbing bitch like Starscream from Transformers

Attached: E949973B-D3AF-4B32-B07C-BC7669E8A7E4.jpg (396x510, 19.95K)

Make them have big robot dogs. They can ride then. The dogs can shoot things out of their mouths, etc.

>tall muscular man
>half of his body is modular armor and tech shit
>rocket boots
Just give him an arm cannon and we get a 80's Megaman rip-off. I'd rather not get sued by Capcom, nor DC, nor Disney so we need an unique name.
Name should be easy as shitnto pronounce no more than three syllables.

You know, if instead of the protagonist it was a half rockman half cyborg, he could be called Rocket/Rock-It, whatever variant

Robot dogs are nice

That’s a great character but not a great protagonist, half rock half cyborg? That kind of character is side guy, like the Thing. The protagonist should be a relatively normal human

My thought process so far is, He-Man toys were made because Mattel didn’t get the toy rights to Star Wars. So they made their own sword and sorcery sci-fi fantasy toy line. A lot of the actual designs were based on Conan The Barbarian
So I say we find some franchises to use as starting point. I’m thinking Terminator, as a lot of our ideas have been about robot people

I agree. Perhaps the protagonist should look more like a buff Luke Skywalker/Han Solo?

Terminator is a good starting point. We could also use Robocop and Alien? Seems we’re orienting towards space fantasy too.

No.

Yes

>Terminator is a good starting point. We could also use Robocop and Alien?
Throw in Mega Man while you're at it so we can have a bunch of underling robots for our villain(s).

What kind of typical villains are there usually? I know there’s always one or more animal men, we have the evil wizards/sorcerer and tech dudes.

We haven’t even decided what the big bad should be. I think it’s easier if we pick motifs. Skeletor is skellies, Hordak is bats, Mum-Ra is mummies…

So we got future/sci-fi

What weapon should the hero have? Swords are iconic, but it can’t be a lightsaber.

how sexy can we make the female mold?