So who is this guy again? This was confusing as fuck

So who is this guy again? This was confusing as fuck.

Attached: 20220905_043459.jpg (2048x970, 173.06K)

>So who is this guy again? This was confusing as fuck.
>the guy

Attached: Danny_Phantom_series_title_card.jpg (715x537, 75.86K)

He's the real Rick C-137.

The Rick we've been following is from a different dimension.

What do you mean, who is he? He's Rick!

The Rick that killed Rick's family.

He’s the first Rick that developed portal tech and the original family’s Rick from season one that just left and never came back.

He's the rick that caused our rick to become rick. Apparently he's even more immoral than normal rick and may go around causing chaos and mayhem so he can have the thrill of the chase.

The Final Boss

Attached: 1630956904764.jpg (299x447, 33.51K)

I thought that was just a bullshit backstory Rick made up cause he knew he was getting mind-probed?

Morty's real Rick who killed our Rick's wife and daughter after a disagreement. Our Rick adopted his Morty to use him as bait to try and catch him but he never came back because he doesn't give a fuck.

The Rickest Rick

Mark my words, however they're choosing to take this specific arc will directly make or break the show's future. If they can pull a decent story arc with this new Rick then they'll finally have grasped satisfying storytelling. If they blueball us and then resolve it with an anticlimax and an annoyed sigh like every other storyline in this show then it's fucking over and the show is beyond redemption.

He was the Rick that killed Diane

Man I didn't think the new season was until next week. How was the premier?

It was and it wasn't. He was using his real memories to mislead the federation into taking the virus to give him control.

CORRECT.

You'll say the same thing next season when this gets resolved with a whimper but they tease another story arc.

There's only one more season, so it doesn't matter.

So R&M won't go on forever like The Simpsons?

Adult Swim ordered 70 episodes. Given the recent shakeup, I highly doubt they're taking it beyond that number.

Honestly? You're probably right. I just want the show to stop being so standoffish to tropes and stop having so much contempt for the audience. I'm so tired of the show trying so hard to be one step ahead and tripping over itself in the process. They feel the need to reinforce every scene with a layer of irony or sarcasm to deflect criticism when all it does is make the show look incredibly schizo and insecure. Just be a show.