What's the point of doing impersonations that no one will understand?

What's the point of doing impersonations that no one will understand?

Attached: aladdin-genie-william-f-buckley-laser-time.gif (877x465, 1.23M)

Huh, thats the guy Batman mentioned that Grundy sounded like in public enemies

for the parents
or for the animators own benefit, there is fun to slip in references you know only a few other people will get

though the genie making funny faces and speaking in a funny voice is funny by itself even if you dont get that its supposed to be a specific person

Because kids don't care just so long as it sounds funny

90s shit.
Kids think it’s funny but don’t fully understand.
Their parents will.

Ask that to every episode of Animaniacs and Freakazoid.

>he didn't watch Firing Line growing up
oof, some childhood

deepest lore

Attached: awro7KR_700b.jpg (625x794, 111.29K)

This is an unusually retarded "fan-theory"

Turn 18

In Robin Williams’ case, it’s because for a lot of his dialogue, he was just sat down in front of a mic and instructed to spit out a lot of off the cuff improv, and many of the impressions in his wheelhouse were outdated and explicitly not targeted at 7 olds. He wasn’t writing it carefully, he was just bullshitting along off the top of his already middle aged head. If you think some of the impressions were bad choices, blame the editors who chose not to cut them. Piles and piles of material were recorded and cut for that role, so what we got was what they considered the highlight reel.

The audience will understand it's funny and that's all that matters.

No, Aladdin is in a coma.

sex appeal

This

I tell jokes to make myself laugh. Others are welcomed to join in the mirth, but their amusement is not my primary motivator.

The genie can see you.

GET OUT OF THE HOUSE

How do foreign dubs do it? Make similar local star that fit the look? Play it straight because it funny sounding?

It's for the people who will understand them, nitwit.

Parents take their children to the movies.

>Piles and piles of material were recorded and cut for that role, so what we got was what they considered the highlight reel.

He added a stipulation to his Will that Disney wasn't allowed to use his voice after death. Had he not done so, Disney probably would have cobbled together a sequel by now using the outtakes.