Batman: The Animated Series 30th Anniversary

Turns out today is the 30th anniversary of the premier of Batman: The Animated Series, so let’s chat about it

>Favorite episodes?
>Favorite characters?
>Favorite spin-offs / DC Animated Universe shows?

Attached: E53FFDAC-CA97-428E-9A7F-8A75DE02DF19.jpg (960x1440, 159.89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/randomsakuga/status/1059309412505083904?s=20&t=RixtMJ81yeUyhK7IhpN0GQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Rest in peace

Attached: David_Warner.1.jpg (200x299, 12.66K)

Fuck I’m old.

Favorite episodes: Robin's Reckoning, Almost got Him, the Cape and the Cowl Cospiracy (the twist blew my mind when I was a kid). The comics also had great some great stories
Favorite characters: Robin, Batman himself, Renee. Also liked The Threatening Three but they were comic only
Favorite shows: love the whole DCAU, but BTAS and Beyond are my top faves

Batman Beyond always made me kind of sad.

Like there seems to have been a couple decades between when Bruce retired as Batman, and when Batman Beyond starts right?

Well what the fuck did he do during that time? He’s not married. Alfred’s dead. He seems to be estranged from Barbara, Dick, and Tim.

Sounds so lonely and sad. I guess he has that dog but still, fuck…

Attached: AA1A4C7C-B9C1-4617-89B7-50C4EFDA5CBA.jpg (600x450, 31.45K)

>Favorite episodes?
Dreams in Darkness, Shadow of the Bat, House and Garden, Sideshow & The Terrible Trio
>Favorite characters?
Batman, Joker, Catwoman, Scarecrow (if we're counting New Batman Adventures)
Batman Beyond & Justice League (Unlimited)

Attached: batman tas grid collage.jpg (1919x1920, 405.81K)

I’ve forgotten a lot about the series, but I loved the weird side-stories they’d do.

Like that guy who accidentally curses out Joker on the highway and ends up getting stalked for like a decade. Or that wimpy thug who everyone thinks managed to kill Batman.

Also Clayface was coolest villain obviously.

He's also no longer really in contact with the Justice League.

Jesus, what the fuck did he do all day?

The idea of Bruce sitting around watching soap operas or some shit is maybe the saddest thing I could imagine

Anyways, I actually never saw the Superman or justice league stuff. It was good too? I’ll have to check it out

Probably looked at pictures from old days and was miserable

they're both good shows. i dont like either of them as much as TAS, but they're both good times (justice league gets very good)

I think they did a comic series based on the show right? Was it any good?

So I remember we saw Tim Drake in that Batman Beyond movie, but did we ever find out what happened to Dick Grayson?

Pure kino.

Attached: 1649612423679.webm (1920x1080, 2.49M)

Went to bludhaven and never looked back.
He's still alive though, Barbara said "look up night wing, he has stories to tell"

Quick question:

In the DCAU, Lex Luthor was black, right?

Attached: EE85BFAA-9985-4A06-9E89-1A8377FD453E.jpg (640x480, 56.55K)

Two Face
Two Face
Batman Beyond probably, still have to watch STAS and Justice League

>what's a tan
>only black people can have thick lips
don't be a retard user

Wow. Shit. Was there from the beginning as a 9 or 10 year old. Absolutely nothing else like it on TV at the time. Felt like it treated kids with respect. The quiet moments anchor it, and set it apart, still. The way it wasn't afraid to breathe for a few seconds, to just be. Whether it was an establishing shot that let you soak in the atmosphere, or a moment of pathos like a sigh or a slump of resignation.

According to Bruce Timm he's based off a Greek actor. So he's probably Mediterranean.

I always had a soft spot for this episode

Attached: file.png (600x450, 147.24K)

Mad Hatter, Man-Bat and Clayface are very underrated Batman villains.

Jones recently posted this and it's fascinating to see him work in this mode

>For the late lamented 'Batman Adventures' by DC.I loved that book and almost got to draw one!This was my pinup/tryout(yes DC dug it,I just couldn't find the time!Damn!)

Attached: Kelley Jones Batman Adventures.jpg (1274x2048, 516.07K)

k i n o

twitter.com/randomsakuga/status/1059309412505083904?s=20&t=RixtMJ81yeUyhK7IhpN0GQ

Man-bat's too repetitive Too many of his stories are just.
>Kirk's back on the serum!
>Or his wife/kid is a Man-bat too!
He hasn't really gone anywhere and nobody really tried new things with him outside that time he got a solo book.

Attached: file.png (300x459, 249.25K)

Attached: 1529095628641.jpg (325x244, 13.38K)

Better as an ally imo

It's freaking telling of DC's priorities these days that they did nothing for 30th anniversary of the show, but are celebrating Harley Quinn's instead.

Anyway,

>Favorite episodes?
Heart of Ice, Two-Face, Robin's Reckoning, Joker's Favor, and Perchance to Dream.

>Favorite characters?
Tw-Face, Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy, Riddler, and Killer Croc before they made him an idiot.

Justice League Unlimited. Superman: TAS is underrated. Also, the original Batman Adventures comics are pretty good and worth tracking down.

Adventures Continue? It's a mixed bag. There's some good stories in it and I liked how they added some concepts like the Court of Owls and Deathstroke to the DCAU. It does break DCAU canon sometimes, though, and the Red Hood adaptation was surprisingly bland.

Man-Bat as an anti-hero is kino, especially since he started out as one before he went feral. I was glad that Beware the Batman went with it.

Attached: 819oZj9f2EL.jpg (1400x2153, 370.5K)