Have you encountered a show or comic that you could say that actually has a bad message...

Have you encountered a show or comic that you could say that actually has a bad message? Not one made by accident due to bad writing but something that makes you think that the writer is evil and/or stupid? Pic unrelated.

No political cartoons.

Attached: starbutterfly.jpg (1280x720, 162.2K)

Gumball promoted Sartre, nihilism's shitty band-aid approach to life

I could kind of see that but it seems like it mostly played for laughs.

Rick and Morty genuinely programs people to be awful Materialists.

The show which soccer moms were afraid would inspire school shooters and teenage murderers.
It's not evil/stupid, it's evil/based

How is this the theme of this this show anything but "Antichrist good!"?

Attached: castlevania.jpg (1200x800, 165.72K)

The Green Eggs and Ham show turned the book's message of
>try new foods, you might like them
and made it into
>if someone in your life repeatedly lies to you and endangers the lives of yourself and your loved ones for personal gain, you should forgive them no questions asked and give them the chance to do it again, even if they do not even have the barest intent on improving their behavior
I was actually confused at how they made a show that has multiple storylines portraying that theme in different ways and they all support a downright harmful message.

Here's part of one episode where they let this 8 year old walk of the roof of a moving train. There was another episode where this girl's mother trusted the main characters again after this, and they bring her into the woods to get eaten by animals.

Attached: child endangerment.jpg (448x252, 40.83K)

People have written and done video essays about why Korra is bad but, to simplify it, Korra is the most pro-status quo show I can think of. The Industrial Revolution is restructuring a dying feudal society and the hero is essentially saying "how can our ancient institution halt or navigate these social changes to benefit those in power right now". History isn't allowed to move forward, as long as it's inconvenient to those in power and the status quo the last Avatar put together in a slapdash fashion before he died.
But, hey, Korra likes girls so that makes it progressive.

Attached: 5643121.jpg (1536x2048, 196.82K)

>Rick and Morty genuinely programs people to be awful Materialists.
Like Family Guy.

Family Guy fans don't take the show or themselves seriously.

Avatar is based on asian societies and Asian societies in their culture, religions, status quo is all about submission, you dont question, critic the leaders you dont rebel against the system , the emperor/king is literal god incarnated

I think the Harley Quinn show has a problem of justifying the awful actions of the main character as long as she is likeable to the audience and says something that the masses agree with.

She says she wants to be better but her actions don't reflect that, so in a way its justifying people staying shitty as long as they believe they are improving even if they don't.

Attached: source_HARQ981Still04[1].jpg (1400x1050, 220.54K)

What I found fun was the comic where the lesson was basically, democracy is better that feudalism unless I don't like the candidates in which case we will just put the incompetent king that happens to be our friend in power

The show doesn't seem pro-status quo. It just can't seem to handle the thesis, antithesis, synthesis, and solution logically or organically.
>bending bad
>anti-bending also bad
>pro-bending government corrupt
>muh democracy

>Materialism bad
>You are literally fusing with Satan
>Materialism still bad but I still don't know what does that have anything to do with Satan
>Open sprit portal for some reason. also secession

>Law bad
>Chaos bad
>No actual dialectic just wait a year to prove him wrong
>For some reason, Airbenders are world policing now

>Chaos bad
>Tyranny bad
>Wait this is just mommy issues
>I made a permeant scar in reality because Metal Hitler just wanted mommy to love her. Also, United States of China

What if the status quo IS good?

>Here's part of one episode where they let this 8 year old walk of the roof of a moving train.
Eh, it's a cartoon and just hanging out on the roof didn't seem that dangerous (also not like it matters, but I think she was 10 years old.)

But yeah, this show was hella weird and it had some pretty unfortunate themes/messages. Pic related.

Attached: 1649779991983.png (1920x2160, 1.95M)

>bad message made by accident due to bad writing doesn't count
>bad message that makes you think that the writer is stupid does count
Idgi, what's the difference?

Attached: 1662377094584346.jpg (897x947, 50.93K)

Every single piece of media that promotes religion.

Attached: 514f2fuscPL.jpg (342x500, 44.24K)

Steven Universe is the best at having bad moral lessons

Unironically Caillou. Whoever made it is a fucking jackass because it teaches kids they'll be rewarded for being misbehaving brats.

deletus the retarded fetus

>Rick and Morty genuinely programs people to be awful Materialists.
I don't think you were really paying attention to the show at all if you think Rick is supposed to be "right" about anything

Maybe not a whole cartoon but I remember an episode of Camp Lazlo where the message was either "know your place in the social pecking order and don't whine about it"