"Dude it's X stop taking it so seriously."

>"Dude it's X stop taking it so seriously."
>"Just turn off your brain and enjoy it."
>"it ain't that serious."
>"it ain't that deep bro."
>"Why does it have to take itself seriously all the time?"
>"Just have fun."
>"Dude, you're taking it too seriously."
Fuck these phrases and fuck anyone who uses them. As a writer myself, nothing pisses me off more than these phrases and they've lead to the death of good writing in general.

Attached: robot-jones-cartoon-network(12).gif (498x371, 1.52M)

Writer schizo added to the compilation

Quit making copy & pasted threads and people would respond.

None of those phrases mean anything in a vacuum. There are times they are applicable and times they aren't. It would suck to say "Don't take it so seriously" to someone trying to analyze the deeper themes and unintentional bias of a work, but it can be a fitting thing to say to someone who is obsessed with continuity minutiae over the actual broad plot of a show. You would think a writer such as yourself would understand the importance of context.

Tpbp

I feel that you are lumping in the disparagement of nitpicking with anti-intellectualism, or perhaps are unable to distinguish the difference
Anyone who tries to pull a "the curtains are just fucking blue" can be safely written off as the latter, but "that detail is not important to the main purpose of the work and you shouldn't fixate on it" is likely the former

Why do people keep making the same threads? Come up with new shit, this is boring.

Nit picking helps too.

>As a writer myself, nothing pisses me off more than these phrases and they've lead to the death of good writing in general.
These threads you keep writing every week suck, if they're the best you can do, I hope you're not a professional writer. Should we just turn off our brains and enjoy them? Should we not take them too seriously?

Cope.

I am also a writer. It's pure shill cope. Don't sweat it, Robot Jones.

Do the mods not see how much this thread is copy-pasted over and over again?

>Why does it have to take itself seriously all the time
This is an odd one because comic fans have very strange standards for it. Like, I often hear comic fans get mad at the Nolan trilogy and say things like “it’s too serious and depressing! Where’s the fun?” and then you actually watch them and like 90% of the dialogue is just jokes and quips
Like it’s really obvious that cartoon fans are so used to silver age comic books and Saturday morning cartoons that something with even a tiny hint of the possibility of maybe being a little bit serious in some parts is just too much for them

Attached: Nolan trilogy.jpg (740x370, 54.44K)

This.

Thank you!

Attached: robot-jones-cartoon-network(2).gif (445x498, 2.34M)

Maybe they agree with him.

>As a writer myself
Lol dude shut the fuck up

How about, no?

Since when was Robot Jones a writer?

>as a writer myself
ahahahahahaha

Attached: EpNPdpbXEAE98Re.jpg (1008x429, 84.61K)

>OP seethes because nobody believes he's a real writer
>A real writer who keeps autistically posting the same things on Any Forums again and again and again