Can someone briefly explain the Legion of Superheroes?

Can someone briefly explain the Legion of Superheroes?

Attached: 7182646-legion.jpg (421x640, 113.13K)

It's a team that only boomer writers care about and they keep releasing books for them every few years that flop.

team of superheroes from 1000 years in the future

they have rings that let them fly

superman was a recruited to their team back when he was superboy.

What you posted isnt the Legion, it's a mockery of what it was.

They’re in a bit of a weird spot as their origin got destroyed
Basically they’re a superhero team a thousand years in the future. The big thing they do that they’re associated with is this: they’re inspired by Superboy, and travel back in time to meet him, and they both learn from him and help him grow into Superman
For various legal reasons, Superboy was written out of the comic. This thread I made yesterday explains it pretty well So then it’s like… when do they meet Clark? I guess they meet him when he’s Superman? Or when he’s just a teenager but not Superboy, when he’s just Clark Kent civilian? For a while there was a thing where, they met Superboy in a “pocket dimension,” so Superboy didn’t exist in the main continuity, but they met him in this pocket dimension, and mainline Superman knew about it even though he isn’t Superman.
Weird stuff I know. DC sucks in a lot of ways.

t. boomer trying too hard to pretend to be a zoomer

Did they really make Lightning Lad black?

A bunch of alien teenagers 1,000 years in the future who love Superman so much they made a crime fighting fanclub

In the 31-century future, Mankind and a bunch of alien races united into a federation, and mankind due to multiple colonization across the cosmos have splintered into multiple human varients that adapted gain superpowers like telepathy or gravity manipulation

with the legends of superman/superboy, multiple teenage heroes united to protect the united planets

using a time machine they brought their idol a teenage Superman/superboy to the future to basically show him all the good he will do and teach him how to be a hero before sending off back to the past after whipping his memory but subconsciously being expert at being a hero

OMG Garth is black now??! Did Legion get a Netflix adaptation?

Yes, but he's back to being white. Having literally 4 electricity based black guy is kinda silly and make the character even more boring and forgettable.

Bendis hinted he was gonna reveal they were related to Black Lightning if you were wondering how he could make it stupider and worse.

I wonder why DC thought that he can revive the legion?

I liked when the females wore slutty outfits. swimsuit saturn girl made me unlease many semen

Why is the red head white guy black?getting sick of this shit

He's a blond, but if you want to feel persecuted I won't stop you. Anyways Bendis thought for some reason it will be interesting for black lightning to have another electricity based relative.

Attached: legion-of-super-heroes.jpg (750x695, 411.34K)

is mix between teen titans and x-men

LoSH prior to COIE really was unlike most cape comics being published.

The Silver Age stories had their wackiness but the stories also had consequences. Members were maimed, there were deaths, people were kicked out and these changes were often times not undone when the stories ended. I take The Legionnaire Who Killed as my quintessential Silver Age LoSH story. Star Boy and Dream Girl are attacked by a criminal and in the heat of the moment, Star Boy grabs a gun and shoots and kills the criminal. The story is told with the Legion putting Star Boy on trial for the death as they debate the morality and necessity of his actions. In the end, it's pointed out that his self-defense claims are understandable but ultimately there were other ways to stop the criminal and defend himself and the members vote to expel him. Dream Girl leaves with him and both are gone for quite a while.

There's a very soap operatic element to the Legion in the '60s through the '80s that was absent from a lot of cape comics of the time. Only Spider-Man and the Claremont X-Men really matched what Legion was doing and LoSH is a pretty blatant influence on Claremont ayway. By the '80s it was also decidedly darker than most superhero comics of the time. The format also allowed for inventive powers and usages for them and with the large roster, it was easy to find a few members to latch onto as your favorite. It also had a way of interacting with the fan community that was uncommon for the time but fostered a sense of loyalty from the fans towards the Legion.

The Reboot is IMO very good as well the whole way through and its interesting to see different takes on old characters or storylines. In essence, it's an "Ultimate Legion" half-a-decade before Ultimate would be a thing.

>Yes, but he's back to being white.
So someone went black and went back?
I was told this was impossible.

Threeboot peaked at the first issue. Waid really isn't good at generational conflict and proactive, rebellious youth. His Champions is just a cringier Woke version of his Threeboot LoSH. Very cute girls thanks to Barry Kitson's art though (Threeboot Shadow Lass was my favorite). Everything after is increasingly shit. It's either stuff like Retroboot trying to recapture old characters in a way that doesn't work or Bendisboot which deserves to be memoryholed.

For the Legion to be big again, it needs someone with big ideas but who also understands that beneath the big, creative, sci-fi adventures, the character relationships and soap operatic elements and most importantly change and vision are the ultimate keys to the Legion. I don't really know a writer right now who could do that. Hickman certainly wouldn't be able to. I think it'd take a completely new writer who can come at things from a fresh perspective but that also brings with it the risk of wanting to turn the LoSH into a woke political allegory in a sea of woke political allegories.

Attached: Shadow_Lass.jpg (236x422, 13.95K)

No, he wanted to make them related to Black Lightning, because the faggots at CBR Message Board (where Bendis lurks) started white knighting the race swap (and the implications) by claiming that DC should own and be proud that all black heroes seem to have electricity powers instead of treat it as a bad thing.

These are also the same faggots who Bendis pandered to with Nazi Cyclops, Avengers bashing from the X-Men, and Iceman being a fag all along.