Why do people hate characters that react realistically to bad shit happening to them?

Why do people hate characters that react realistically to bad shit happening to them?

Attached: EdgyCharacters.jpg (1024x826, 213.02K)

Because melodrama is done well or done poorly. Don't be mad when something done poorly is criticized.

>Don't be mad when something done poorly is criticized.
Tell that to the Lucashounds.

Attached: 1637052394607.jpg (390x190, 12.95K)

This again already?

Where are they? I will.

Where is reboot Dante

People dont like these characters because they try to be serious in a tone where everyone inclusing the narrative is a fun and optimistic quirky nature meant not to be taken seriously

Cringe culture and even worse, post-cringe culture have been disastrous for passion and creativity.

It's not valid criticism if that's what tends to happen in real life. There aren't many people who have good things happen to them that sets them down the road to evil. And in the exceptional cases where that does happen it is so rare as to be beyond the scope of what comics could realistically convey.

Think Terra from teen titans. Who was just evil for evils sake and nothing bad happened to her to make her that way. And then normalfags threw a conniption about how that wasn't realistic, etc.

This

People don’t like these characters because they try so hard to be “cool” and “mature” that they loop around to being hilarious

Because Lapis fled in the face of the enemy attacking, leaving her comrades to, as far as she could know, die.
Don't care about the rest of these fuckers.

>Ryuko
Only one that doesn't belong there, the girl is a sweetheart.

Paine as well. This is just another "Red and Black = edge" collection made by someone who never watched/played any of these series.

Attached: 1662007259425562.jpg (2748x2958, 1.31M)

I BTFO you on this yesterday. Being shittily written has nothing to do with "muh realistic reaction to bad things"

Is Prime Time even edgy? At least relatively to the other comics out? He was more of a way for writers to shit on their fans.

>Where are they?
You already know.

Attached: 1649816700072.jpg (1242x997, 329.26K)

??? people love shadow

given michael jordan is there, I assume this is supposed to be a shitpost

There's a time and place for everything, and remaining hung up on a past trauma and making your response to it reflect on you so much it becomes your entire personality is a sign of immaturity from a stunted view of life. Characters who live through similar shit and learn to live with it are more interesting.

Why is Superman up there? The guy was pretty fine with dying and coming back. There was pretty much zero drama after he came back. Unless I am missing some weird retcon that happened recently.

The major problem with this is that it's hard to do with side characters.
The main reason why people hate Lapis is because we don't see her trying to fix herself, and then she runs after she got caught the last time.
She has no reason to believe what she did before won't go wrong again.

I'm pretty sure that's Superboy prime.

Oh that would make total sense. I didn't know he ever wore the resurrection suit. I always thought of him in the Anti-Monitor tech Superman suit.

Ryuko is the only one who doesn't fit because she acts just as seriously as everyone else, and gets along really well with her goofy sidekick Mako. Never understood why she got lumped in with edgy characters.

That's true, it is hard to show development like that with a side character without having the limelight. Still, living your life under a constant mentality that something bad that happens can and will happen again shouldn't mean you live with that certainty. If anything, being aware it can happen makes you better prepared in dealing with it if it ever did.

>Alucard
Absolutely
>Axel
Ehhh not really his motivation is friendship and he's self-sacrificing
>Terry
Not really?
>Rayne
Yes.
>Prince
No.
>Demoman
Not really, he loves his job, his ma, and drinking.
>Donte
Fuck yes.
>Darth Maul
It's a Sith's job to be edgy
>Deadpool
Kinda I guess
>Monsoon
Yeah
>GoW1-3 Kratos
Yeah.
>Major Ocelot
Nah, he's a punk but his motivation is getting respect from his man crush