Harley

Why would the ongoing HBO MAX Harley Quinn show shit on original Harley's accent by claiming it was fake and annoying?
Is it because it reminds the new writers that despite the fact that DC/WB and they push Harley as this " feminist/lesbian " icon she was originally created by 2 white men (Bruce Timm and Paul Dini) in 1992 because they wanted a sexy henchwoman for Joker in Batman the Animated series?

Attached: Harley Quinn.png (1045x1585, 1.57M)

cause theyre faggots

Attached: 9876456.png (718x401, 162.09K)

Attached: Harley kissing Batman.jpg (979x592, 94.71K)

I see it triggered OP hard

Attached: Joker man.png (720x405, 449.04K)

Watching the latest episode with Harley and young Bruce Wayne makes me understand where those older woman and plucky young boy faggots are coming from

To be fair, the accent is really annoying with every va except for the original voice actress and I am pretty sure that's because her voice was just her original VAs natural speaking voice

Wasn't it a out on cartoon voice even in the context of the original show?
Ether way it was cute, not annoying.

Those of you who hate the accent .... go to hell

Attached: 1186076-1280x0-1210x642-1-1210x642.jpg (1210x642, 48.48K)

Normalfags got to Harley long ago and tried to make her more palatable to pander their own brand of sensibilities and virtue onto her.

>by claiming it was fake and annoying?
>claiming
Shit was annoying. It's a fact

> shit on original Harley's accent by claiming it was fake and annoying?
did they really

It was a fake accent in TAS too. She didn't talk like that as Harleen Quinzel.

>fake and annoying?
Sounds like a perfect fit for her character then

Attached: 987654345678.jpg (938x1250, 137.87K)

The accent is fake because it's meant to match Hamill's exagerrated mid-atlantic accent he gave for the Joker. Harley's persona is the crazy female version of that. I personally don't find it annoying.

It's meant to complement Joker's accent. In a character's perspective, it wouldn't make much sense for her to keep speaking like that when she's not his floozy anymore other than "IT'S WHAT DA HARLEY QUINN SOUNDS LIKE DURR"

Dos oph yews dat ate da axent...godda ell.

In her comic she's a heroic feminist icon for a decade and still have her accent. They most likely removed the accent out of laziness. The writers and voice actors don't have to think if everybody talk the same.

Attached: harley-and-booster-1.jpg (1803x1311, 340.87K)

No when Nu Harley is the one shitting on old Harley
Based

Attached: 09876545678.jpg (1208x4709, 2.1M)

I just wish she was allowed to move past the 2000's era mall rat aesthetic already.

That's just an argument to ditch the persona entirely and be her own thing.
I assumed the idea was to own it and take it for her own, which seems to be how it was handled in BTAS and the comics.

>to ditch the persona entirely
Yeah, that's been the deal for years. DC is shy in renaming her because the name and branding is too good to let go despite their clear efforts to depart her from Joker.

Attached: Bruce Timm's Harley Quinn art.png (950x640, 739.81K)

I don't think nuHarley fans realize that Ivy used to beat the ever living shit out of Harley if she ever she annoyed her. DC really tried to squeaky clean her image up.

>"She doesn’t do the accent in the show," Halpern told Entertainment Weekly. "When we were first starting out, we were torn because it's so iconic, it's a huge part of the character." Originally, Halpern and Schumacker anticipated Cuoco would do her own version of the accent, though this was not to be. As Halpern recalls, "We sat with Kaley and talked to her about it and she was like, 'Look, I want to bring a different take to this. I don't want to sound like I'm doing a bad version of someone else's take on it.' Ultimately she felt like she could hit all of the notes better in the way she did it."

yeah the VA just didn't want to do the voice, basically

Attached: official art.jpg (1280x985, 204.04K)

It makes sense moving forward.