What is it about this character, particularly the movie version, which elicits such autism from waifufags...

What is it about this character, particularly the movie version, which elicits such autism from waifufags? I don’t think a single MCU thread goes by without someone crying about her being "evil" now.

Attached: BPD.jpg (736x736, 67.76K)

She's hot

There aren't many characters who are suddenly turned into mass murderers because of a bad comic story from 2004.

So the reason you've got fans crying about her being turned evil is that most people's favorite characters don't get turned evil.

1. She's perfect

2. If she was pure good, there would be no threats anymore

on Any Forums? i dunno.
on Twitter? you can tell that Wanda-fans on Twitter are the same breed of weirdos as k-pop stans.

She was assassinated into being a crazy retard post endgame. If her fans are pissed about it then they ought to be; Wandavision and Multiverse were horrific

She's a Mary Sue

It's kind of baffling how there are people who are so lacking in empathy and understanding of human nature that they just don't get this, and their reaction to fans seeing a character they love get turned into a villain is to tell them to just shut up and take it.

I thought The Dark World, Captain Marvel and Iron Man 3 were as bad as the MCU would get. Fuck was I wrong.

>It's kind of baffling how there are people who are so lacking in empathy and understanding of human nature that they just don't get this

It's a comic book character, you pussy.

Comic book characters exist for us to identify with them and feel bad when something bad happens to them.

“They’re not real” misses the point. Our favorite fictional characters are us. When they are done dirty it’s not as bad as something real but it still feels bad.

Anyone who likes any character would feel bad seeing them turned evil for no good reason. But of course it couldn’t happen to any other character.

only true patricians appreciate crazy evil waifus, unfortunately

Attached: FSdqAP3acAA9tG2.jpg (800x1415, 109.07K)

Also when we feel our favorite character has been written to do something they would never do, it's almost like hearing false rumors spread that we're powerless to stop.

Not as bad, of course. But a lot of arguments about Wanda going all the way back to "No More Mutants" are like this: her fans have to argue that she would never do this, even though she was written to do it.

I think that's fun, because the fact that it's possible for someone to be "out of character" is part of the way the fans take ownership of the characters -- it doesn't matter what she did in this story, it doesn't fit the character therefore it doesn't count.

But a lot of arguments about these characters are about "Watsonian" (this happened in the story) vs. "Doylist" (this happened because a writer wanted it to happen).

I don't think it's a very good movie either, but I don't get a lot of the bitching about Wanda. For example, people complain that she wants to steal America's power because if her kids gets sick for example she can search the multiverse for a cure, they think it's a bad justification. But it makes perfect sense to me? So Wanda should just constantly go to America for favors instead? Fuck that nonsense, might as well go all the way.

Wanda is the best girl, and her negative arc works because we've seen all of her highs and lows. I hate her in MoM, but also understand how her experience could leave someone a little fucked in the head.

Attached: scarlet scream.png (1235x507, 834K)

That's such an astronomically unlikely thing that it's the equivalent of using the excuse of it being possible for one of the kids to be hit by lightning. It's her justification for murdering a child on top of her motivation in general being fucking retarded
She could:
Adopt
Find a new guy to knock her up
Be sent to a world where the boys have no mom
Create her tulpa kids again since there's literally nothings stopping her from doing it again sans the whole enslaving a town thing
And so on

I think it just felt like a weird thing for them to justify in a movie where they didn't even bother to explain why she no longer cared about getting Vision back. (They didn't even bother saying who the children's father is in the other universes.) The reason Wanda fans dismiss her characterization in this and Avengers Disassembled/House of M as "baby crazy" is that instead of wanting to be a mother, she wants to be a mother to the exclusion of literally everything else that ever mattered to her.

Yeah it's batshit insane for pale vision to not even be referenced in the movie. Wanda knows that he's out there.

>They didn't even bother saying who the children's father is in the other universes.
Several people who worked on it, including Olsen, have confirmed the father is still meant to be Vision, they just didn't bother explaining this in the movie for some reason.

Too old.

Feige doesn't seem to like one project to refer back to or even line up with anything that came before it. Vision and Pietro are extreme examples because Pietro has never been mentioned in a single movie since he died.

WandaVIsion was more like a comic book in having a lot of references to past continuity (and even an entire episode clearing up Wanda's backstory, very much like one of those continuity-nerd comics) but I doubt Feige will learn anything from its success. As far as he knew it would be somehow wrong to tell Raimi to watch previous projects or care about what happened in them.

I’m a Vision fan how do you think I feel!

I'm a waifufag and I'm not crying. I think her being evil is sexy and I wish she would force her desire for children on me.

If he appears in the Wonder Man series then I'll be glad to see him again and also terrified that they're setting up his worst stories the way they already did Wanda's worst stories.

>show is successful enough to get an Agatha Harkness spin off show greenlit
>despite show's success, Feige refuses to change plans for Wanda in MoM, and no damage-control announcement of anything for her in Phase 5
>White Vision just flies away and is never seen or mentioned again, and doesn't appear to be in Phase 5 either

>Strange and America don't bring an alternate Pietro to tell Wanda that she's being cringe

The Wonder Man show sounds like it's going to be a comedy about a superhero trying to make it in Hollywood, which is exactly what a Wonder Man show should be doing, but the idea of MCU Vision being connected to him in any way, or MCU Wanda being used as his love interest are horrible ideas no fan of Wanda or Vision would ever want to see, but we're going to get several years of casuals and comics Youtubers suggesting that should happen just because they know it happened in the comics, and don't know or care that it was awful.

I'm also kind of worried they'll just bring Vision back to adapt Tom King's Vision series and that's all they kept him alive for.