What do you guys think of Ben Affleck as Batman?

What do you guys think of Ben Affleck as Batman?

Better or worse than Bale and Patterson?

Attached: image_2022-08-30_221223204.png (755x826, 324.08K)

From what little there is of him, I like his prep time. He just happens to have a spider robot in case he goes to the sewers.

He was shit in Justice League. I liked his intensity in BvS, but he was a crazed murderer in it which kinda ruined it.

Overall I think he's not really a good Batman, but he has some good parts about him. I've yet to see the perfect Batman in live action yet. Pattinson is not it. He'll probably be fine with his iteration like the others before him.

They're the two best Batmen. Affleck is perfect as Miller-ish, darker, mature, etc. Pattinson as Year One. Two great actors that sell it, two of the best suits. Should both continue on, with Pattinson as self contained, and Affleck as DCU Tony Stark or whatever.

I'm a die-hard Snyderhater and I fucking love Batfleck.

I don't think the killing was executed (heh) well, but I get what Zack was going for. Everything other than that is pretty perfect though, and Affleck perfectly delivers Goyer's over the top opera dialogue. He gives it real pathos. The best part of BvS for sure.

I thought the killing was hilariously bad in BVS but after his justice league I kind of get it. He wasn’t the batman people knew before and that’s what the whole Clark investigation story was meant to show.

Him in justice league is his return to classic batman. Optimism and hope

Hit or miss, I guess they never miss, huh

He's got an Andrew Garfield situation in which he's great in the role but his movies were shit.

He is the ideal live action Batman I've had in my head since I was a toddler watching BTAS and getting read Batman comics by my godfather.

It was kino until they got to the retarded post apocalyptic subplot. I fucking hate schneider and his "vision"

It's honestly just worth forgetting the killing altogether because any attempt to justify it just falls apart.

If he kills now, why is Joker alive?

>Pattinson as Year One

Pattinson was an awful Year One Batman. Bruce in Year one is a mature adult already at 25, a byroic hero archetype who is still able to put on the image of the handsome young playboy.
Pattinson was a 35 year old weirdo with an awful haircut and an immature attitude. Just embarrassing seeing this lantern-jawed man dressed up and acting like a 13 year old from 2005's perception of what a cool broody loner would be.

Attached: bruce wayne year one.jpg (1200x838, 202.55K)

I like Ben for being a more comic accurate Batman and his bulk is beautiful to me, Pattinson is alright and does a young Batman pretty well in my opinion.

>Pattinson was a 35 year old weirdo with an awful haircut and an immature attitude. Just embarrassing seeing this lantern-jawed man dressed up and acting like a 13 year old from 2005's perception of what a cool broody loner would be.
Agree with you, but why did zoomers eat it up?

Idk man, I guess guys like us were just born in thr wrong generation. Sigh...

>droopy hair, moping and mascara is wrong for a byronic hero!

Take it you haven't read a lot of Byron then.

he can fit the chin hole in the mask, by which I mean he's serviceable.
I mean I don't like him. he's shit.
so is Pattinson and both make Bale look good when he never looked good.

I liked him. He had the world weariness and dry sarcasm I expect from a middle aged Batman. The problem is the theatrical cut of BvS overshadowed everything around it. Brand vs Brand politics mythologized the film as being unwatchable trash on par with Morbius, and the weak jokes about the Martha scene which took everything at face value now frame Affleck’s Batman as a bloodthirsty psycho who spares people if they say his moms name like a trigger phrase.

they really needed to give a solo movie before deciding to sack him

Patterson I don't get. He's more teenage Batman than young man year one Batman. And not in a good way like Terry. Bale is serviceable but a bit far-removed from the comics - Nolan injected an OC basically into the batsuit but the movies are damn good so who cares.

Affleck would have been ideal but he really needs to get a full movie to himself to prove himself and I'm not a big fan of the batsuit. Affleck has a great face shape imo and the TDKR-style cowl doesn't do it justice.

>ben craplick
>as bat-ho
sure whatever.

He looks fat.

Attached: 1208308512052.png (285x323, 190.09K)

Having Affleck become a beefcake for the role while wearing a protective suit with an overcoat will do that to you.

well, Affleck also really let himself go for a few years up until recently. Now that he's back with JLo and true love won out, he should get another shot at Batman. It's literally Bruce x Selina if you think about it.

Attached: 1339647589.png (2560x1728, 3.42M)