I feel bad for him, bros

Watched Mask of the Phantasm yesterday and now I just can't stop thinking about it. You see, I watched Batman Beyond before the 1992 series and the full length, so I know what's in store for Bruce Wayne in his old age. This incredibly noble and selfless person, who sacrificed his own normal life for the sake of justice and the well-being of others, will end up a lonely and abandoned old man, living out his last days in a huge dark empty estate.
He didn't deserve this, bros. Why does the only superhero who causes sympathy (I hate capeshit in general) have to suffer like this?

youtu.be/kjFx8qqa8_8

Attached: bats.png (700x779, 252.98K)

the portrayal of old bruce could actually be worse. can you imagine how damaged his brain must be after being a vigilante for decades? he'd have one of the worst cases of cte in the world. at least in batman beyond he was still mentally sharp.

>recruits his young son Jason then acts surprised when Satan Clown rapes him to death.
>cucks his first son by impregnating his gf while he's at college
>first son, who once upon a time was an acrobat, then gets permanently crippled, half-blinded and left in a coma by Satan Clown
>recruits his young son Tim immediately afterwards then acts surprised when Satan Clown rapes this one as well
Tbh, he kinda did deserve it. If anything he deserved worse.

Attached: 1619042280158.png (772x1786, 2.39M)

Most of your examples come from the God awful tie-in comics that are debatably canon

>I know I made a promise, but I didn't see this coming. I didn't count on being happy. Please! Tell me that it's okay.

If Bruce's parents could respond to him, I think they'd desperately want to tell him it's okay to let go of his grief and move on. Any good parent would prefer to see their children happy. I believe the Waynes would be sad to see Bruce become so fixated on their deaths that he devotes his entire life to that event.

Even if the thing with Andrea didn't work out, there are other women in the world. Bruce could've found someone nice to have a family with, and he could've found a way to live a relatively normal life. He could've had children and hobbies and fun. He could've chosen some other way to honor his parents. But his trauma was too much, and he never could get away from it.
The way he's pleading to the graves of his parents for permission to stop living in a state of mourning is terribly sad. Bruce thought that moving on from his trauma or being able to enjoy life again would be a betrayal to the memory of his parents. He believed he couldn't allow himself to be happy. How dare he feel happy about anything when his parents died like that, how dare he forget about them, how dare he stop fighting a futile crusade against the very concept of crime? These beliefs unfortunately made him set himself on the sad, lonely path.

Attached: bruce.jpg (887x1023, 147.02K)

>He didn't deserve this, bros.

he chose this life

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 87.9K)

>sacrificed his own normal life for the sake of justice and the well-being of others
>He didn't deserve this, bros

Attached: fucking batman.png (602x619, 874.67K)

Adventures Continue was fucking great, chud

>sound of gunshots and screaming as Joker shoots a married couple infront of their son while escaping through another alleyway

Where's the cute asian ingagment girl that completed his racial harem

The Joker did nothing wrong.

True, but Dini and Burnett writing them makes them closer to canon than the superior Batman Adventures, sadly. I wish they were more upfront about the comics being LITERALLY "What if TNBA continued instead of Batman Beyond happening?" But even that clashes when they introduce more contemporary concepts like Jason's Red Hood and the Court of Owls.

I liked the writing in the second season more, but the rushed art did take it down a notch. I completely understand why that happened, but they could've delayed it a bit.

Yea i feel you, fren. DESU this was always my biggest problem with batman beyond. All of batmans love interest and he still ends up alone? Nightwings dead (I think), he let timm get captured by the joker, and babs had to give up being batgirl after being shot? Danm. Shit got dark for the batfamily. I know it was the realistic ending but in my mind the end of bruces arc would be him retiring and passing on the mantle of batman to one of his sons and finally settling down and having children (with selina but thats just me) and having the happy family life he never got to have with his parents despite all of the crazy shit he's been through in his life, it somehow worked out for him.

Attached: comfort-love-and-adam-withers-bat-family-web.jpg (800x1039, 198.97K)

>closer to canon than the superior Batman Adventures, sadly.

Kinda fun fact, the Etrigan issue they did was considered loosely canon to the Etrigan TNBA episode that came after. That's why its treated as if Bruce and Jason Blood already know each other.(source is Bruce Timm's modern masters issue)

Also, the two-part issue where Joker tricks Two-Face into thinking Grace was cheating on him with Bruce was originally a premise for the B:TAS movie before they chose Mask of the Phantasm instead.

>architect of his own misery
>waaah poor Batman!

>Nightwings dead (I think)
Barbara mentioned Dick is alive. In Return of the Joker, she said Terry that if he wants to hear more crap about Bruce, he could call Dick. It's implied Bruce and Dick aren't in good terms

No wonder, when (if) you take the comics into account

damn thats depressing

Attached: 1644936022289.jpg (1534x2048, 368.02K)

Attached: chingchongbabe.png (1920x1080, 2.15M)