How big was this moment when it was first published?

How big was this moment when it was first published?

Attached: RCO023_1469436536.jpg (1041x1600, 373.68K)

No surprise for me. Already knew that Peter Parker was spiderman

Attached: 1487613334902.jpg (181x182, 10.43K)

>OMG LE IDENTITY REVEALED

Civil War was the last major comic event anyone cared about, along with DC's original 52. It promised a new direction for Marvel going forward with new consequences, only for various writers to undo it all, because it was inconvenient to them.

I prefer Jonah's reaction in the main comic

Attached: 1654420859704.jpg (1041x1600, 551.97K)

Attached: 1641517964862.jpg (1041x1600, 520.63K)

I remember at the time it was considered pretty damn big considering how jealously Peter guarded his identity, but also a sign of how fucked Civil War was going to get because there was no way this face reveal would stick permanently without something super convoluted and equally stupid. And then cue One More Day.

Attached: 1647424257739.jpg (1041x1600, 528.86K)

hard to believe that robbie didn't know

It’s always felt that JMS under utilized Pete’s supporting cast in his run, I mean obviously his aunt may was the best she ever was, but he never really did stuff with the bugle or flash or anyone

Other writers did great with the support cast with the identity reveal. I liked how Flash was in complete denial.

Civil War was peak Marvel. Shit since. Sadly.

Yeah PADs friendly neighborhood was solid, and I think sensational was decent as well. Though I can only remember that annual with Pete and MJ and don’t really remember the run itself

>Yes my girlfriend died cuz a bad guy learned who I was so I'll reveal my identity on TV.

Tbf, Norman was a psycho. Shocker for example wouldn't go after Spider-man's family.

Okay but the rest of his enemies include psychos and a crime boss who'll hire homeless people to rape your family then murder them.

Would have been way better if this moment stuck and Peter had to face the consequences of being a dumbass.

Would they ? As far as I know, cop doesn't exactly hide their identities.

y he hate spooderman so much?

>don’t really remember the run itself
let me remind you

Attached: p34_13 copy.jpg (1000x1552, 424.23K)

He’s just got nothing better to do

Half the people were interested if only because it opened a whole new avenue of stories for Peter and MJ, dealing with Peter's unmasking and how it would affect them going forward.

The other half were basically waiting for the she to drop and how the hell Marvel was going to put the genie back into the bottle and how badly they would fuck shit up doing so (if only they knew the catastrophic damage it would do).