Is 2000 ad still a thing?

is 2000 ad still a thing?

Attached: 2000-AD-2019-Sci-Fi-Special-Featured-1000x700.jpg (1000x700, 140.43K)

Yes.
It has fallen victim.

i honestly dont know cant remember the last time i saw one at the news agents
fuck they dont even have white dwarf anymore
i live in the uk so we usually have them everywhere or used too

This'll be good.

Victim to what?

Damn. Is Rebellion still around or do they just make Vidya now?

idk what that is bbut i went to rebellion festival like 3 weeks ago

Yes. But dredd js 90% support cast do everything and dredd dors nothing. Or a chimp daving the day.
Skip tracer is still a thing and bad.
Its si so but i still biy it and the meg every week.

Rebellion are a company who own 2000ad and they make the sniper wlite game which helps fund both 2000ad and the ceo's obsession with middle ages history and the rising cost of horses since brexit.

Finally, RIP Alan Grant.

Attached: 2557558-alan_2520grant_cary_27s_2520comics_2520craze_1.jpg (788x960, 67.92K)

*buy the meg monthly
Also, that post is like i had a stroke while typing, but i wont re-write so fuck you.

2000 ad seems to be doing fine, I see them all the time at WH Smiths. I do know that in the UK the children's comic magazine Beano sells around 55k weekly, which is up from from 2010 where they sold around 40k, so UK comics in general seem to be doing alright, although of course they are targetting different demographics.

Last figures had 2000ad at something like 100,000 a month. Which if uou divide by 4 weeks comes out to about 25,000.

So its technically doing better than a lot of mainstream cape comics these days.

Oh you know, the no good thieving, conniving ess jay dubwas

You know pat mills put together 2000ad. You know pat mills is and always has been a huge sjw since even his days writing comics for lads in the 70s.

I will admit it was a little too pushy during trump. Which is weird considering itts british (i know dreddverse is a mockery of yanks).

Byt weve always had thay shit.
Remember the issue the guy cosplaying as dredd kisses his boyfriend and that gay moustache wearing hipster press droid hyped up the story by telling papers dredd js going gay.

>2000AD are taken over by SJWs
>the book that defined itself by anti-Thatcher/Reaganism and whose mascot is a literal strawman of the US police state's murderous and fascistic tendencies

Imagine a world where the right wing could read.

Attached: X.jpg (620x350, 71.46K)

Imagine a world where modern sjw could have kept the quality of 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s and wven 00s progressives where they wrote greay stories featuring characters who happened to be gay, women, non-white instead of their onky trait being "im gay" or "i is a trans nigga".

I also wish right wingers wouldnt just hate on anything and assume its pushingg an agenda because a character is black or gay etc.

In short. I just hate being stuck in the middle of mummy and daddy shouting matches when all i want is to read comics and drink my juice.

I think instead of throwing spit balls of left vs right like utter fuckong faggots, people should just adress that the writing past couple of years has become increasingly pandering and poor to the point theres now only one or two stories worth reading.

I have a minority opinion here, but I feel its been going far down the drain since they brought Johnny Alpha back from the dead.

Strontium dog reboot was good.

Also thats pretty much when rebellion took over.

Weve had some good stuff like nikolai dante, kingdom, jihn smiths devlin waugh, lawless, caballistic inc, Lobster Random, out, jagir, brink, leviathan and srickleback since then.

Mid 2010s is when i think it went to shit proper. But like the sad sack i am, im still here buying it.

But i think it went down hill when they just did john smith dirty, dropped him and let other people run his stuff into the ground. ( see devlin waugh)

Johnny's revival was around 2012ish user

Oh you mean the life and death of johnny alpha stuff. I just include that in the reboot stuff that happened in like 2000.

Yeah that stuff was ok, the moon face guy was interesting and I liked the IRA analogies, and the kreeler half brother story too.

Life and death was genuinely one of the worst things i read in the prog, i never knew Wagner could write something bad.

>didnt know wagner could write something so bad.

Never read robohunter or ace trucking.

I think i liked Robo Hunter, i dobt really remember. Ace Trucking is a blur.

I just didnt really feel the humour or story in either series. But rhen controversial opinion: i didnt find rogue trooper or nemesis to be all that either. In terms of early progs ABC Warriors, Strontium Dog when it came to 2000ad (specifically when alan grant teamed up with wagner) the vcs, shako, flesh and invasion! Were the only non dredd ones i cared for until stuff like bad company and slaine came along.