Seriously, why do people act like "changing a character race" is a big deal?

Seriously, why do people act like "changing a character race" is a big deal?
Why is it important to keep a character race?

Attached: Phantom Stranger Young Justice.jpg (1280x720, 76.37K)

Because it usually tells me that the writers/creators are trying to "make it their own," which means shitty modern American writing, which is obviously a negative.

because i get to care about wathever the fuck i want and if i want to throw an autistic tantrum over sonics arms its my right

I really don't care about it, but as a ginger the trend of them making redheads black is kind of weird

It shows the writers have no confidence in minorities, a famous white character in their eyes exists as a booster seat for spreading diversiy and nothing else.

If the character's race isn't not a big deal, then why are you trying to change the race?

Attached: 1312692777404.png (240x289, 174.75K)

Why is it important to change a character's race?

Because A) your race greatly effects who you are and the culture you grow up in. Characters who change race should also have changes in their personality and backstory or they're just changing their color just for clout, and those that do have those changes might as well be a different character at that point.
And B) They're always changed to be black. It's never a white guy person becoming asian, or an asian becoming latino, and it's definitely never anyone become white if they weren't already. You can't claim to be doing something for diversity if everyone is changing into the same color.

It feels really lazy and disrespectful. Instead of creating a new, interesting character with cool powers who happens to be a minority, you get some white hand-me-down character with a palette swap.

because acknowledging differences in race matters, if you say otherwise you are a bigot.
You're not one of those "colorblind" chuds are you?

I could post about accuracy, the writer's ego, etc. All good and valid reasons but at the end of the day its simply bad because it is racist.

Chris you need to get back to the courtroom, this is silly.

Fundamentally, race does indeed tie into a character's identity and it's disingenuous to pretend that it doesn't. Something like a black Bruce Wayne straight up doesn't work for the setting given the history of the Waynes. It's also incredibly lazy. Now passing on mantels to all different kinds of people is fine, provided that they earn them but that's a whole other issue

Because psychotic people only can see themself with characters that share circumstantial physical characteristics

>whitewashed characters
>OMG LIKE CULTURAL APPROPRIATION MUCH?
>blackwashed characters
>LOL SMALL DICK ENERGY/INSECURE MUCH?

>Seriously, why do people act like "keeping a character race" is a big deal?
>Why is it important to change a character's race?

BY ODIN'S FADE

Race not only is part of visual design of a character but also contextualizes his/her ethnicity and history without uttering a word. It's only ever a significant problem in American media where they have been inundated by ethnicities trying to carve it out in the country to solidify their place in the nation's identity.

It was weird years beforehand, now it's just deliberate malice.

>the one apostle that betrayed Jesus is black
Makes sense tbqhwy

Cause nobody asks why Black Panther can't be South African

Attached: main-qimg-8d13061d5bf8ff77d62bda1b825bb940-pjlq.jpg (602x903, 162.02K)

fpbp
The problem is that you fundamentally can't trust modern writers.