DC Called Out For Controversial Changes To Hispanic Heritage Cover Art

>A recent Green Lantern cover from DC Comics celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month has come under fire for changes that drastically altered the image.
Basically they took a Kyle Rayner pic and added a bag of tamales and Viva Mexico flag to celebrate latinos and every latino hates it

Attached: 20220829_135825.jpg (1200x1843, 117.76K)

Original pic

Attached: 20220829_140403.jpg (800x1215, 149.07K)

>every latino hates it
Post proof outside of twitter.

No shit, latinos aren't queer globohomos and won't react to the same sucking up done to the blacks
Libs have no idea how unintentionally racist they are
They don't call the Dems the House Nigger Party for nothing

I'm pretty meh about it. I was never a big Rayner fan.

That's because he's not fighting Goku

But for real, why is anybody surprised that a company has a milquetoast idea for representation/visibility? They really don't give a shit, they just want markeeting so that people keep consuming their products. Like how every company suddenly cares about the LGBTQs during June.

>DC "called out"
>"x sparks outrage"
>"X sparks controversy"
>"Backlash against Y"

You realise when these headlines exist it's literally referring to like 10 nobodies on Twitter right?

Don't you ever stfu?

OP does but doesn't care.

This is way better but is it really necessary to add the GL symbol after drawing the piece?

Who cares?

Lol why they change it? Mexicans love characters holding their flag.

The one getting published is dumb but kind of whatever, it gets worse when you see the original. The lantern getting replaced with a bag of tamales is so fucking absurd.

I suspect it's because the original is based on a copyrighted work.

Wanna bet someone at DC was worried people wouldn't recognize the flag?

He hadn't finished the piece before DC rejected it, he hadn't finished painting the logo on Kyle's suit and the emblem on the Mexican flag before editorial rejected it and made the revisions.

I was at Flea Market last week and the amount o cartoons and anime characters with Mexican shit was hilarious

Wtf DC!

We’re they going to add a sombrero too?

Still, you'd think adding the symbols would come before coloring.
Then again I'm no artist so maybe that's the usual process, but it feels like how they use CGI for every little thing in movies nowadays, y'know what I mean?

That’s so dumb. Hope they’ll get sued.

>Still, you'd think adding the symbols would come before coloring.
not necessarily: one might want to keep them on a different layer so to better work on them on a bigger size and then resize as necessary, or if there were particular effect one was unsure to use on them- Kyle did use multiple logos over time, perhaps it was a matter of deciding which one.

I also think the Maxican flag logo was supposed to be represented only by the construct in the background, though

What work?